From The Cadmus Group:
ENERGY STAR's EZ GPO tool allows a network administrator to centrally control power management settings using Group Policy Objects (GPOs), saving up to $50 per computer per year in energy costs. EZ GPO can also activate 'system standby', which places the PC box to sleep, uses the existing functionality on Windows 2000 and XP, and does not require special hardware or network processes. It is designed for network administrators who manage Windows client workstations using GPOs under Active Directory. Unfortunately, much of a computer's energy is needlessly expended as the computer sits idle, perhaps while you are in a meeting, on the telephone, or at lunch. Fortunately, we can reduce this waste through the use of EZ GPO, which can turn off your monitor, a computer's most consuming component, during idle time. To easily activate the ENERGY STAR capabilities of your network, run EZ GPO. After several questions, the program will turn on the ENERGY STAR features that works with your monitor.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Include server media to your PlayStation 3 over your network.
- Replace your Network Interface Card's Media Access Control (MAC...
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Point out network problems and troubleshoot from a detailed pic...
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Fixes a big Issue I have with WinXP"
Version: EZ GPO 1.04
With WinXP each user has their own Power settings, so, depending on who last signed on, Many of my network computers would go into standby or even hibernate and thus would not receive MSUpdates or AV Definitions or Scan drives etc. This program allows me to set (and change as laws change) power settings from the Active Directory and/or GPOManager. Easy to install (Install 1 template to your AD and 1 MSI on each computer in your net). It puts a startup in the "all users" startup menu and this comunicates with the GPO to be sure that said user in set right.
In a bigger company than mine (only 17 workstations) it'd be a small pain to go to each comp and load the MSI. (though I bet some crafty person could use a script or runonce from a shared folder accessable to all users)