From The Cadmus Group:
ENERGY STAR's EZ GPO tool allows a network administrator to centrally control power management settings using Group Policy Objects (GPOs), saving up to $50 per computer per year in energy costs. EZ GPO can also activate 'system standby', which places the PC box to sleep, uses the existing functionality on Windows 2000 and XP, and does not require special hardware or network processes. It is designed for network administrators who manage Windows client workstations using GPOs under Active Directory. Unfortunately, much of a computer's energy is needlessly expended as the computer sits idle, perhaps while you are in a meeting, on the telephone, or at lunch. Fortunately, we can reduce this waste through the use of EZ GPO, which can turn off your monitor, a computer's most consuming component, during idle time. To easily activate the ENERGY STAR capabilities of your network, run EZ GPO. After several questions, the program will turn on the ENERGY STAR features that works with your monitor.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Scan the Web content and local files.
- Track hardware and software installed on network computers.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Fixes a big Issue I have with WinXP"
Version: EZ GPO 1.04
With WinXP each user has their own Power settings, so, depending on who last signed on, Many of my network computers would go into standby or even hibernate and thus would not receive MSUpdates or AV Definitions or Scan drives etc. This program allows me to set (and change as laws change) power settings from the Active Directory and/or GPOManager. Easy to install (Install 1 template to your AD and 1 MSI on each computer in your net). It puts a startup in the "all users" startup menu and this comunicates with the GPO to be sure that said user in set right.
In a bigger company than mine (only 17 workstations) it'd be a small pain to go to each comp and load the MSI. (though I bet some crafty person could use a script or runonce from a shared folder accessable to all users)