The EHF (Event Handler Framework) is a library for developing Palm OS applications that makes it easy to route events through your application. Instead of the standard way of handling events, through gigantic switch statements and multiple if/else statements, the EHF routes events using a simple dispatch table mechanism to event handler functions. Most modern event driven development environments provide a method of dispatching events to specific blocks of code that are designed to handle the specific event. For C/C++ PalmOS programmers, however, that has been missing from the development environment so the programmer was responsible for event dispatching which is usually accomplished with big switch statements merged with multiple if/else conditional testing of incoming events. Along with that a standard framework has emerged for PalmOS apps which is very hard to learn and even harder to maintain. That framework merges all the code for all the events received by a form into a single function which inhibits code reuse and makes even a simple change a exercise in crossing your fingers and hoping you don't break something. EHF attempts to fix these problems by providing the Palm OS C/C++ programmer with a more friendly event routing mechanism that encourages more modular and readable code. In addition, the EHF makes it easy to extend event routing to code outside the context of a form which makes it much easier to develop reusable code such as custom controls.
More Products to Consider
- App to save sets of preferences for the buttons & system sound ...
- Helps guide physicians in the ordering of SPECT MPI.
- This application acts as a programming tool that compiles Java ...
- Installation package creator.
- Develop applications for the Palm OS.
- Palm-based bitmap editor to create strings for use with PocketC...
- Hierarchical outliner and to-do tool.
- Develop Palm software and data files.
- Onboard bitmap editor for PocketC and PToolbox Library.
- PalmOS File System Monitor.
- A memopad that can peform calculations and other functions.
- Developer tool to add custom fonts to an app.
- Simple application environment.
- Add the latest super speed USB 3.0 to your notebook.
- Developers - Send MIDI data through serial port.
- Create & run programs with PDA.
- Develop simplified mobile apps.
- Create your own database with scopeDB.
- Set reminders for important dates.
- View databases.
- Installer for your conduit and Palm application.
- Calendar event manager for Palm OS devices.
- Manages yearly repeating events.
- Handle large amounts of data easily with this database applicat...