CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will download a small installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual download (4Mb).
CNET Editors' review
Dynomite is an amusing prehistoric twist on a classic puzzle game. Although we found the game fun to play, we thought the graphics were a little below PopCap's usual high standards.
Much like the classic computer game Snood, the object of Dynomite is to shoot an object (in this case, a dinosaur egg) at a group of two or more similar objects, causing them to disappear and take any attached objects with them, with the goal of clearing the board. Dynomite offers several variations on this theme, including an endless puzzle, a puzzle that's periodically shaken up by an angry dinosaur, a puzzle in which the goal is to unlock part of a fossil that's locked in the eggs, and a time trial in which users can clear the board as quickly or as slowly as they like. Several dinosaur characters add an amusing touch to the game, and there are plenty little tricks and bonuses within the game to keep it interesting. It includes a detailed tutorial that explains the important aspects of gameplay. Overall it's a decent and entertaining game, but we found the graphics to be a bit lacking. They're not awful, but they're not as sleek and sharp as most of the other games we've seen from PopCap. Still, although we've seen many variations on this style of puzzle game, we found Dynomite to be a worthwhile addition to the genre.
Dynomite has a 60-minute trial period. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From PopCap Games:
PopCap Games, creators of Bejeweled, deliver another incredibly fun and addictive masterpiece. Shoot eggs at the puzzle to match up colors. Get three or more together, and they'll blast off the screen. Looking for a frantic, fast-paced game to get the heart pounding? Try the Endless game. Or, wind down with a relaxing, soothing game in Time Trial mode. With something for everyone, Dynomite will have you blasting your way to your computer to play again and again.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Hone your reflexes.
- Throw snowballs and help Snowy the bear get back home to the Ar...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Explore scenes from your past and find hundreds of cleverly hid...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Create matches by launching colorful pieces into the gameboard.
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Line up the correct runes to make gold.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Mind/logic game.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Fill up your moneybags with coins.