CNET Editors' review
If you're not already using Dropbox, we have to ask: What are you waiting for? This popular service lets you easily sync files between computers, share with them others, and create backups. Best of all, it integrates so seamlessly with Windows -- and other platforms -- that you're barely even aware that you're using it. This program is a must-have for anyone who needs to make their files readily available to multiple users or computers.
Once installed, Dropbox appears as an icon in the system tray. It doesn't have an interface, exactly; it turns up as a folder in My Documents, and it functions just as any other folder would. The magical thing about this folder, however, is that its contents are stored both locally and in the cloud. Any files or folders that you place inside the Dropbox folder can be easily shared: simply right-click, select Dropbox from the context menu, then select Share Link. This will open your default browser and provide you with the opportunity to share the selected file or folder via e-mail, Facebook, or Twitter, or to simply copy its Dropbox URL. The folder contents will also be automatically synced, so anyone who has access to a folder will immediately have the most up-to-date files. You can forget about using USB drives or e-mailing documents to yourself; Dropbox lets you keep everything you need in My Documents on multiple computers, or simply log into the Web interface if you're not on a machine that has Dropbox installed. Dropbox requires users to create an account; the service provides users with 2 GB of space for free, but paid upgrades are available if you need more. A thorough online Help center, as well as brief text instructions within the Dropbox folder, provide plenty of well-written documentation.
Dropbox is incredibly easy to use and will change the way you store and share files. We highly recommend it.
Dropbox works just like any other folder on your computer, but with a few differences. Any files or folders inside Dropbox will get synchronized to Dropbox's servers and any other computer linked to your account. Green checkmarks will appear on top of your files to let you know that they're synced and up to date. All data is transferred over SSL and encrypted with AES-256 before storage. Dropbox keeps track of every change made to any of its contents.
What's new in this version: Version 1.6.11 fixed a hang that affects a handful of people.
More Products to Consider
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Convert over 20M YouTube to MP3 music clips and ringtones.
- Download and convert videos, including YouTube to MP3, M4A, FLV...
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Convert multiple Youtube videos to various formats.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads.
- Download and convert any YouTube video into your favorite forma...
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Extract music from YouTube movies as MP3 files.
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Download videos from YouTube and increase download speeds by up...
- Download social music or video for your Windows PC.
- Clone disks and create, burn, and back up disk images.
- Back up and restore photos, music, videos, documents, hard disk...
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into various formats.
- Copy and backup hard disks and partitions sector to sector.
- Back up all your data and files to Google Drive and other place...
- Accelerate your downloads to the fastest possible speed.
- Backup and synchronize your important data to PC, network drive...
- Back up and restore your Windows system.
- Wise Data Recovery is a freeware. It recovers various data in v...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 176 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Dropbox 1.6.11
Nothing to speak of - there are a lot of better alternatives
- horrible customer service policy
- extremely slow syncing
- tendency to loss files
This is a no-brainer - don't go with Dropbox. Sugarsync is way better, and Google Drive works great too, plus it's free.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content