Donate to charity for free simply by running a small program in the background. In exchange for your unused CPU processing power, you will give to the charity of your choice. You will not be harassed with nasty popup ads when using this application. Most likely, you won't even know that it's running. However, the donations to charity that you make are still very real. To select the charity you want to donate to, simply click on one of the four images. You can donate ounces of water (Charity:water), grains of wheat (CARE), minutes of education (Oaktree Foundation) and square inches of rain forest (The Nature Conservancy). Many computers sit idle for hours or days at a time. DonateBot lets you share this unused processing power with organizations that need to solve complicated problems, such as analyzing the galaxies or performing mathematical calculations. Your day-to-day computer operations, like browsing the Internet, writing a document or listening to music will not be affected by DonateBot. You can manually change the CPU usage in the program if you are concerned about computer performance. The Windows version can automatically boosts CPU usage when you haven't used your computer for a few minutes, maximizing your donations.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Diagnose your computer problems and get advice on how to resolv...
- Have an animated polar clock in the toolbar.
- Automate your PC shutdown operation with multiple features.
- Use a browser toolbar with various features.
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Display reminders with alerts and control your programs and com...
- Measure your time usage using a digital stopwatch with cycle-ra...
- Perform simple math operations on your computer.
- Protect you against outside attacks while surfing on the web.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: