From Easy Data Access:
Docsvault Small Business Edition is a simple, affordable, and feature rich multiple-user document management software. An easy to use Microsoft integrated document management solution. It includes all the tools for handling small business documents in a local network. Users can share documents from one central place enabling efficient collaboration throughout the office. Scanning your papers into digital PDF files has never been easier or more affordable. With optional inbuilt OCR feature you can convert any imported PDF or scanned document images to searchable PDF. Users can checkout and checkin files to prevent multiple people from making simultaneous changes. Restrictions can be placed on files and folders that the users can access or the operation they can perform. The Task and Document routing feature helps you manage your workflow - for example, by routing a draft document to a supervisor for review and approval.
What's new in this version: Version 5.5.0726 includes custom fields in search result, exports lists in multiple formats, and Multi PDF Merge option.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Scan and organize all your paper and digital documents includin...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Automate sharing, editing, and comparing documents.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Scan, import, and file various documents, including paper, busi...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Scan your documents and save them in one PDF file.
- Document management software with tight integration to Windows,...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Tie together uncoordinated and disconnected document versions.
- Encrypt and synchronize files with the rest of your team.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Manage projects via the freeprojectmanager.com Web service.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Manage your documents, automate business processes, and simplif...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Scan,index, organize, and export to BOX any type of document in...
- Process, secure, and manage your enterprise's documents.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A flawless program"
Version: Docsvault Small Business 3.0
Works well, easy to administer, very helpful support, makes sense.
Nothing, maybe a pane for a file summary.
"Best Document Management for the money"
Version: Docsvault Small Business 3.0
This system works flawlessly for a small business and gives a level of security and data redundancy usually found only in thousand dollar plus applicaitons. Did I mention it is simple to install and operate!!!!!! Hats off to this program.
The included previewer is slightly blurry at low resolutions this is easily fixed in the options where you can disable it and allow adobe reader which is free to take its place. Incorporate acrobat standard and it is hard to beat hands down.
I could go on and on about what I like about this system and it wouldn't take long to wrap up my dislikes. The buggy viewer is slightly annoying just go to options and disable it. This allows adobe reader to display the pdf on your screen and presto problem solved. Please be advised this software is not in the same class as far as features and options as some of the more advanced systems that sell for thousands of dollars it however does what it is advertised to do and it does it well. It is perfect for a small to medium sized business that is looking for a way to organize paper clutter. I have demo'd about a dozen different doc management solutions this past week and docsvault has won my heart hands down. The backup feature although it needs to be run from the server is incredibly easy to use. I have tested it through hardware and software failure simulations and it works flawlessly. The best part of the back up feature is that it does not care about OS environment changes. You can back this thing up and restore to a completely different machine just with a few clicks. You can also set the backup feature to run automatically either as a full or incremental backup to different locations at the same time. The search function is quick and painless and you can add tags and profiles to documents as you import and scan. The scan function works well and is quick. The tasks function allows for setting up a simple document flow and gives reminders of deadlines. There is no web or out of office access available but anyone with a little creativity can easily solve this with terminal server or a hundred or so other avenues. I simply do a weekly export and pick it up through WSS. Oh yea another neat feature is the ability to export to any place you want to. This includes optical drives. And the data export retains the folder hierarchy that you are familiar working with in the system. last but not least this thing is fast if you hate waiting for web browsers to display results, or loaded down clients gasping for more system resources this is for you end of story!!!