CNET Editors' review
Desktop iCalendar Lite offers users a way to keep their calendar at the forefront of their computer. With a simple interface and few problems, this is a great way for users to stay on top of the day's events.
This free program lays itself out on the upper right corner of your desktop. A month-view calendar appears, with the current day highlighted, and below it is a list of reminders for the day and a to-do list. All are dark and hide well on the computer desktop with text that is either orange or white. In addition, the entire image can be altered by accessing the Options menu in the desktop tray icon. From there, users can choose several skin color options as well as the opacity. Entering reminders and to-dos is very simple, thanks to their intuitive nature. Users are taken to a screen that allows for a title, date, and notes to be entered. The reminder allows you to set an alarm, while the to-do can be adjusted with status and priority.
While we wondered why the to-do and reminder options weren't combined into one excellent package instead of two fairly redundant ones, we felt this was a great program for users looking for an organizational tool that is much simpler than popular in-depth calendaring software. We recommend this program for users seeking a simple calendar.
Desktop iCalendar Lite is a free desktop calendar for windows. It allows you to manage your events, to-do list on desktop. It allows subscribing public Google Calendar, such as holidays, election or NBA. It is full customizable. A build in skin editor makes it easy to set the skin by your own taste. Desktop iCalendar is full compatible with iCalendar standard, and can work with the calendars created by Thunderbird Lightning, Sunbird.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Manage your daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Keep 10 sticky notes on your computer.
- Put sticky reminders on your desktop.
- Bring the power of Google Calendar right to your Windows deskto...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Keep track of major holidays, special events, Chinese lunar cal...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Create, manage and edit documents.
- Attach Post-It type notes to your Windows desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Organize your daily work with reminders, sticky notes service, ...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of events and task...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Plan, schedule, and manage all of your appointments, events, an...
- Be alerted of any events when you turn your computer on.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 106 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Beware, installs malware"
Version: Desktop iCalendar Lite 126.96.36.1990
calendar is what it says it is
installs malware, had to uninstall two malicious programs installed with the calendar
provider lost all credibility with the malware attached to this calendar.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: