CNET Editors' review
If you spend a lot of time on your computer, it makes sense to keep your schedule or calendar there, too, since that's where you're most likely to see it. Desktop-Reminder is a simple program that can alert you to scheduled tasks, ensuring that you don't miss an important appointment or deadline.
The program's interface is quite simple, consisting of an area where scheduled tasks are listed and a few buttons across the top. Creating a new task is easy; you simply enter the date, time (if desired), description, and recurrence. Although many programs of this sort let you set priority levels for tasks, Desktop-Reminder does not. It does, however, let you select the point at which a task becomes marked as urgent, for example, two days before it's due. True to its name, Desktop-Reminder lets you set alerts that notify them when a task is coming due; these alerts are functional enough but not particularly customizable. One thing we didn't like about Desktop-Reminder was its lack of a calendar view; all of the tasks are listed chronologically, but there's no way to view them on a weekly or monthly basis. The program also lacks a Help file, although this is not a serious drawback; there are too few features for a Help file to really be necessary. Overall, we think that Desktop-Reminder is a fine program for those seeking a bare-bones reminder, but it will likely be a disappointment to people who desire a more full-featured scheduler.
Desktop-Reminder installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program.
Desktop-Reminder is a freeware task planner with calendar and reminder. Always during start of Windows it lists all tasks, which are urgent for that day. It can notify about tasks even months earlier. For tasks with defined time of day an according notification message with an alarm sound will be shown. There is no need to give annoying time of day for the task. However if you define time of day for the task, Desktop-Reminder can notify you with an alarm message with a sound in the range of one minute to few hours before the time comes. You don't miss your favorite TV-program and you don't bid too late on eBay.
What's new in this version: Version 2.56 includes printing of tasks with multiple lines.
More Products to Consider
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Organize your favorite Web sites, files, and events with remind...
- Uses Microsoft Agent to remind you of events and appointments.
- Specify your to-do list by priorities or order.
- Post note reminders on your desktop.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create notes and set reminders and alarms.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Take notes on your desktop and recall them in time.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Easily and quickly create a reminder.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Make photo calendars from your Facebook photos with ease.
- Get your reminder notification with Email or SMS on a date and ...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"acts stuppid on my pc"
Version: Desktop-Reminder 2.56
dont know.since i could not use it
It says it needs net frame 2 ..and of course it cannot put it on my pc since I have it already...So Bs I cannot even try it out
nah .why ask for us to have that needed upload..all has it ..dont they
"Get Organized - Stay Organized"
Version: Desktop-Reminder 2.56
I liked the program so much I purchased the full version.
- Extremely easy to use; no user manual needed.
- Program uses a combination of auditory and visual cues.
- Keeps you motivated to manage your time effectively.
Allows for Task start times only, no end time designation available.
The biggest negative is that the program deletes completed tasks. So much for your sense of accomplishment! All you see are tasks to be completed. Furthermore, there is no option to retain completed task history for use in performance and work method improvement evaluation.
I can recommend the program to people who do not require more finite task scheduling or retention of completed work for future reference.