CNET Editors' reviewThis space-adventure game has some good things going for it, but we do voice some questions about its stability. In Derelict, you play an explorer who must clear an abandoned spaceship of aliens by blasting them with your rivet gun. Portals take you to different areas of the spacecraft, useful for escaping a particularly aggressive pack of enemies. Although the game s cartoon graphics are pleasant enough, we found the theme music rather annoying and opted to completely turn it off. Speaking of features, Derelict has plenty, allowing you to choose from several difficulty levels, play in windowed mode, and reconfigure the controls to suit your tastes. Clicking the help button exits the program and takes you to a Web page, but we when tried to return to the game, it froze up, forcing us to shut it down via the Task Manager. In other tests, we had to press the Exit button multiple times to quit Derelict. However, if you don t encounter those snags and enjoy slaying large numbers of extraterrestrial beings, you should give this game a try.
From Laughing Dragon Games:
In deep space, your salvage team has run across a derelict star ship with the seemingly mischosen name of The Dire Circumstances. Their loss is your gain. There's only one minor problem--it's teeming with aliens. Derelict is a fast action game with unending enemy hordes coming at you in more than thirty levels of mayhem. Play with either of two different characters against seven enemies, in single or two player modes.
Version 1.03.46 fixes Cakewalk difficulty saved game bug and changes fonts making them more readable.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Find and destroy an enemy tank group.
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play mixture of action and puzzle.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Unscramble the tiles to form the starting image or pattern.
- Fight your way through the enemy's defenses to accomplish your ...
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-0 of 0
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: