CNET Editors' reviewThis space-adventure game has some good things going for it, but we do voice some questions about its stability. In Derelict, you play an explorer who must clear an abandoned spaceship of aliens by blasting them with your rivet gun. Portals take you to different areas of the spacecraft, useful for escaping a particularly aggressive pack of enemies. Although the game s cartoon graphics are pleasant enough, we found the theme music rather annoying and opted to completely turn it off. Speaking of features, Derelict has plenty, allowing you to choose from several difficulty levels, play in windowed mode, and reconfigure the controls to suit your tastes. Clicking the help button exits the program and takes you to a Web page, but we when tried to return to the game, it froze up, forcing us to shut it down via the Task Manager. In other tests, we had to press the Exit button multiple times to quit Derelict. However, if you don t encounter those snags and enjoy slaying large numbers of extraterrestrial beings, you should give this game a try.
From Laughing Dragon Games:
In deep space, your salvage team has run across a derelict star ship with the seemingly mischosen name of The Dire Circumstances. Their loss is your gain. There's only one minor problem--it's teeming with aliens. Derelict is a fast action game with unending enemy hordes coming at you in more than thirty levels of mayhem. Play with either of two different characters against seven enemies, in single or two player modes.
Version 1.03.46 fixes Cakewalk difficulty saved game bug and changes fonts making them more readable.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Fight your way through the enemy's defenses to accomplish your ...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Hit breakable game blocks to move to the next level.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Welcome back to this award-winning sci-fi adventure game.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Avoid the zombies and destroy the SEBea devices using landmines...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Battle online opponents in this multiplayer space shooter.
- Defend yourself against waves of chicken invasions.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Fight off an army of invading Easter Bunnies.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Battle hordes of space chickens.
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Travel to distant planets and complete your missions in order t...
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Battle aliens, mutant lizards, and more in this frenetic space ...
- Play an arcade action game set in space.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-0 of 0
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: