CNET Editors' review
As Mac's OS becomes more complex and customizable, inexperienced users may have trouble accessing appearance options. Deeper (Mountain Lion) for Mac displays many potential customizations in an easy-to-use and effective menu.
Available as a freeware program, no payments or subscriptions are required for full use. Download and installation completed quickly and without any problems. When initializing the program for the first time, you must accept a licensing agreement. Deeper (Mountain Lion) for Mac then begins automatically as a small bar in the display screen. Detailed instructions also popped up separately and were well thought out and comprehensive. This is especially important because beginners are those most likely to use this application. Buttons are easy to identify by name and graphic. From the main section, you can select options in several categories including the dock, Safari, iTunes, QuickTime, and others. Each section has a drop-down menu with clear labels and changes that can be made. Each of these functions well and performs exactly as described in the menu. It is not clear if technical support is available for the program, but there were no programming issues that came up during testing. Outside of the ability to change the appearance and preferences, there were no additional features, but this is to be expected from a freeware program.
With its detailed instructions and well-designed menus, Deeper (Mountain Lion) for Mac seems suitable for beginners. However, more-experienced users would probably find it redundant.
From Titanium's Software:
Deeper is a personalization utility for Mac OS X. It makes it possible to configure some hidden parameters of the Finder, Dock, QuickTime, Safari, iTunes, Login window, and of some of Apple's own applications.
What's new in this version:
- Mission Control pane improved
- Swedish translation added
- Japanese translation added
- Misc. corrections
- Help improved
More Products to Consider
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Screen capture utility.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- Download accelerator that is built into your web browser.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Data recovery software.
- Analyze generalized linear models and perform basic statistics.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Monitor and perform maintenance tasks on your Mac.
- Edit Palm Xiino bookmarks with a Mac.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content