CNET Editors' review
After buying a new computer, iTunes users find that many of their songs can't be played even if they are on an iPod. DeTune for Mac allows users to keep and manage songs on iPods, even if they would be deleted via iTunes.
DeTune for Mac, with a file size under 3MB, is quick to download and install. As it lacks instructions and visible support, some less experienced users may find the interface unintuitive. Starting the program without an iPod connected leads to a graphic telling the user to connect one. After this is done, the program reads the iPod quickly. The program performs few functions outside of reading and listing songs on an iPod, but after all, it is free. The process for transferring songs from the iPod back to the computer hard drive is not clearly spelled out, which could be a problem for novice Mac users. The menus are fairly well designed to appear and operate like those in iTunes, with each song having a check box next to it so it can be selected. DeTune is also supposed to be capable of moving large files between computers via an iPod, an additional feature one would not expect in a freeware program.
DeTune for Mac's design, performance, and price tag of zero make it a good option for those who want to keep their songs after purchasing a new computer.
DeTune makes is easy to access the content on your iPod, iPhone or iPad. Using a simple iTunes-like interface, you can access all your songs, movies, tv shows, books and more. Has your hard drive crashed, taking out your iTunes library? Forgot to make a backup? If you have a copy of your music on your iPod, DeTune allows you to copy it all back to your Mac. Need to transport large files from one Mac to another? DeTune allows you to make use of your iPod's file system as a storage drive.
What's new in this version: Fixed problems connecting to iOS 7 devices
More Products to Consider
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Copy songs off your iPod.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Copy music from iPod to Mac and sync songs to iTunes.
- Convert video between popular formats and enjoy an enhanced pla...
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Copy iPod to Mac and in iTunes. Rebuild iTunes library from iPo...
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Backup iPod music and video, copy files on Mac to iPod, iPod Ri...
- Opens invisible folders on your iPod.
- Copy and transfer music & playlists from any iPod or iPhone to ...
- Remove volume cap on European iPods.
- Mount iTunes library & iPod as a file system.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: DeTune 1.0.8
My computer had suddenly died and I lost iTunes music.MobileGo for iOS Mac worked flawlessly to get iTunes music back. I cannot give it a high enough recommendation!
I would also advise you to try before you buy.
None - just bought it.
I found that Version 2.5 lets users delete photos from Camera Roll on iOS 6 devices. Excellent. And it's more stable than last version.This is the best desk iPhone app i've ever encountered, stable, easy-to-use, user-friendly. The only thing i expect is that more features for managing photos to be added. thanks!
Updated on Oct 22, 2013
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content