From Mad Data:
Daimyo is a unique Japanese themed Checkers variant which focuses on strategy rather than strength by numbers. The objective is still to capture enemy pieces, but introduces new elements for a more cerebral challenge. Points are gained for every unit captured but lost for every move made. Units come in pairs and are joined by connectors giving them more movement options but also weaknesses from their flank. Capture pieces by breaking the link between them. The terrain/board is rendered in beautiful 3D which can be rotated so players can study it from every angle, then use strategic positioning to set traps for enemy pieces or even prevent retaliatory attacks.
"Daimyo features 3 modes of play. Classic mode features only Daimyo units and the objective is simply to capture units until one player has twice as many units pieces than the opponent. Shogun mode introduces the Shogun unit pieces, where the objective is to capture all the opponents' Shogun pieces, regardless of how many Daimyo pieces are left. This play mode prepares players for the Insignia mode, where the value of the Shogun pieces come into play. In the Insignia mode, the players' wits are put to the ultimate test as they have to prevent the opponent from capturing their Insignias on the board while attempting at the same time to capture the opponents'. The catch is that only Shoguns are able to capture Insignias, so now players must simultaneously protect their Insignias and Shoguns while looking for the opportunity to capture the opponents' Shoguns or Insignia. In addition to 3 play modes, Daimyo also features special rules options which make the game both more interesting and challenging. Players can also select different A.I. opponents to practice against, each with different characteristics and playing methods, and use the Board Editor to design new 'battlegrounds'. Japanese inspired graphics and music sets the mood to make Daimyo a game which players will enjoy for a long time.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Race in multiplayer battles or in 65 progressively difficult so...
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Learn the ancient art of cutting gems and creating unbelievably...
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Sit beside the fireside and get ready to attack.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Kill Satan and rid the world of demons in this action/role-play...
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1