From Mad Data:
Daimyo is a unique Japanese themed Checkers variant which focuses on strategy rather than strength by numbers. The objective is still to capture enemy pieces, but introduces new elements for a more cerebral challenge. Points are gained for every unit captured but lost for every move made. Units come in pairs and are joined by connectors giving them more movement options but also weaknesses from their flank. Capture pieces by breaking the link between them. The terrain/board is rendered in beautiful 3D which can be rotated so players can study it from every angle, then use strategic positioning to set traps for enemy pieces or even prevent retaliatory attacks.
"Daimyo features 3 modes of play. Classic mode features only Daimyo units and the objective is simply to capture units until one player has twice as many units pieces than the opponent. Shogun mode introduces the Shogun unit pieces, where the objective is to capture all the opponents' Shogun pieces, regardless of how many Daimyo pieces are left. This play mode prepares players for the Insignia mode, where the value of the Shogun pieces come into play. In the Insignia mode, the players' wits are put to the ultimate test as they have to prevent the opponent from capturing their Insignias on the board while attempting at the same time to capture the opponents'. The catch is that only Shoguns are able to capture Insignias, so now players must simultaneously protect their Insignias and Shoguns while looking for the opportunity to capture the opponents' Shoguns or Insignia. In addition to 3 play modes, Daimyo also features special rules options which make the game both more interesting and challenging. Players can also select different A.I. opponents to practice against, each with different characteristics and playing methods, and use the Board Editor to design new 'battlegrounds'. Japanese inspired graphics and music sets the mood to make Daimyo a game which players will enjoy for a long time.
More Products to Consider
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Recover lost music, pictures, and video files from your iPod.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Build words for points playing against a computer or a human ri...
- Find and sync photos and videos on PC and mobile devices.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Get an application based on Hindu mythology.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Get quick access to your iTunes' podcasts and play them instant...
- Collect all Infotrons and push objects around to free the way.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Listen to and record music from Internet radio and watch Intern...
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Watch movies and listen to your favourite songs of different fo...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Learn guitar scales and chords on a 3D guitar.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Arrange beat patterns of Indian classical music visually.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1