DWG Export for SketchUp is an AutoCAD DWG file export plug-in for Google SketchUpÃ?Â®. This plug-in gives SketchUp the ability to export objects in SketchUp to 3d meshes in an AutoCAD DWG file. DWG Export for SketchUp tessellates objects in a SketchUp document into a set of triangular meshes. These meshes are then exported to a DWG file as mesh objects. These meshes can be exported to a DWG file as 3D Polyface Mesh, 3D Face, Line or Point objects. DWG Export for SketchUp is very easy to use. It adds new commands to SketchUp. Once installed, it automatically loads itself into SketchUp and adds a new submenu called "DWG Export for SketchUp" to the SketchUp Plugins menu containing the newly added commands. The `DWG Export for SketchUp' menu consists of the following commands: # Export - Exports an AutoCAD DWG file # Help - Display the DWG Export for SketchUp help file # Register - Register your copy of DWG Export for SketchUp # About - Display the DWG Export for SketchUp About box The DWG File Format DWG is a format used for storing two and three dimensional design data and metadata. It is the native format for the AutoCAD Computer Aided Design package, as well as IntelliCAD (and its variants), and PowerCAD. DWG is supported non-natively by several hundred other software applications. DWG (denoted by the .dwg filename extension) was the native file format for the Interact CAD package, developed by Mike Riddle in the late 1970s, and subsequently licensed by Autodesk in 1982 as the basis for AutoCAD. From 1982 to 2007, Autodesk created versions of AutoCAD which wrote no less than 18 major variants of the DWG file format, none of which it publicly documented. The DWG format, has become a de facto standard for CAD drawing interoperability.
More Products to Consider
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Create advanced 3D graphics, animations, and dynamic broadcast ...
- Draw business process based diagrams.
- Record and replay your drawing procedure.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Create, animate, and render 3D images on your PC.
- Simulate fluid or gas for gfx fans, VJs, and demo coders.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Grab an arbitrary screen area and then save directly as a GIF i...
- Show the graphical output of applications.
- Create Adobe PDF files with the push of a button.
- View and print any graph produced by DPlot.
- Manipulate 2D and 3D data from a variety of sources.
- Write PDF documents from any application.
- Protect your PDF files with strong security.
- Convert PDF files to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Convert GIF files to video files.