CNET Editors' review
DJ ToneXpress The Ringtone Creator creates cell phone ringtones from audio files. Though its works well, this program practically drowns itself in added features.
The program's interface is surprisingly simple to navigate, considering how many features are thrown in, but excellent onscreen instructions help keep users focused. The primary functionality, creating ringtones, is an easy three-step process. You simply take a song or audio clip from your collection and edit it down to a few choice seconds for your ringtone. You can tinker with the volume and add simple effects like fade in and out as well. It smoothly converted a sound clip to a file ready to be downloaded to a cell phone in less than a minute. The program's efficient interface and functionality make creating ringtones as easy as can be, but it can overwhelm users with extras. We hate to slight a program for offering too much in the way of user-friendly, functional features, but the included wallpaper creator, song downloader, and PC tone creator seem unnecessary. However, they work well and will likely appeal to the right users. A simple features menu would be our preference, but in all it was a breeze to use, and we loved its results.
DJ ToneXpress The Ringtone Creator claims its ringtones are only available for a limited time, and the wallpaper it creates has a watermark during its trial. It installs desktop icons without permission. Its features are a lot to handle, but this tool is terrific, and we recommend it.
From DJ Tone:
DJ ToneXpress (now iPhone compatible) can make unlimited customizable ringtones from your PC music collection, CDs and YouTube videos, and also make unlimited wallpapers, compress full tracks (from PC, CD or YouTube) to play on your cell phone, customize for free the tones on your PC (Yahoo IM, Skype, AIM, Windows live IM, Excite and Pidgin), send free SMS messages, create your own mobile WAP site, have a locker to store mobile content you make and a Bluetooth uploader to quickly transfer ANY file from PC to your cell phone, easily post your ringtones on your MySpace (or 9 other Social Networks) homepage, plus get 2,500 free premade content items. Download content to your cell via WAP (over-the-air) or from your PC.
More Products to Consider
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Set up a virtual sound card that lets you broadcast/record/conn...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Record your own voice, music, or any other internal / external ...
- Listen to music on your computer.
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- All-in-one digital audio application to extract audio from vide...
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs.
- Burn all your photos, videos, music, and data to CDs, DVDs and,...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 469 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Best program I've ever used. Simple and easy."
Version: DJ ToneXpress The Ringtone Creator 4.7.3
If I can do it, any one can.
If your phone isn't listed, it's harder to set up.
Even with the setting up of an unlisted phone, it still beats every other program I've ever used.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content