CNET Editors' review
A bulk photo editor is one of those tools you never know you need until the exact moment you need it. Converseen not only resizes multiple photos at once, but can flip them into dozens of different file formats. If it could perform more intense photo edits, it would be a home run of a program.
The program can handle a seemingly infinite number of photos. Of course, more photos means the conversion takes longer. It already happens fairly slowly compared to other file-conversion software. Finding the settings to change size isn't easy, and requires you to have three or more windows open. Once you're there, you can only scale the picture. It would be much easier if you could set a size in pixels or inches. Since it makes you jump through hoops to resize photos, adding a few cropping or re-coloring tools would make Converseen much more dynamic.
Converseen does converting well; it just doesn't do much else. It is a nice download if only for how many file formats it supports. Though most people will rarely use more than four of them, it's nice to have the options. If you're looking for a plain photo converting program this one will do the trick.
From Francesco Mondello:
Converseen is an open source project written in C++ with the powerful Qt4 libraries. It supports more than 100 image formats. You can convert and resize an unlimited number of images to any of the most popular formats: DPX, EXR, GIF, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PDF, PhotoCD, PNG, Postscript, SVG, and TIFF. With Converseen you can save your time because it allows you to process more than one image with one mouse click. With converseen you can carry out a single or a multiple conversion, resize one or multiple images, and compress images for your web pages.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Add frames and borders to photos and images.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Create photo collages and digital scrapbooks from your images.
- Preview image files of different formats directly in Windows Ex...
- Organize your digital-photo collection, apply photo effects, an...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content