From Infinite Nexus Software:
Compare Folders is a powerful utility designed to compare two folders and tell you which files and folders are the same, which are new, and which have been modified. This saves you the effort of reading through lists in the Finder and using Get Info to sort it all out.
Compare Folder's comparison engine is threaded to work efficiently and allows you to use the Comparison Selector Sheet to customize which attributes to compare or ignore. Features such as a clean, intuitive, Aqua interface with robust drag and drop support, Item Actions (Open, Reveal in Finder, Get Info, Delete, Rename, Lock/Unlock, Inspect, Copy To..., Upload to iDisk, Archive, FilePeek), built-in Get Info windows, an Item Inspector and seamless integration to open any item you click on make it a polite OS X citizen with flexibility at your fingertips. All of this and more without leaving a single window. .Mac support gives you easy access to back up or share files you've compared.
What's new in this version:
- Added visual highlighting to folder icons during drag and drop
- Enabled truncation for last visible line for item paths in the Get Info window (10.5+ only)
- Fixed "Copy To..." not replacing files
- When clicking Dock icon (or re-entering app), if there's no main window it re-opens automatically now
- Fixed drag and drop on folder icons not updating Recent Folders menu (and document)
- Fixed copied item not appearing in status text
- Fix... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Backs up settings from several common programming apps to Dropb...
- Clipboard manager.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Undeletes lost photos from your hard drive.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Delete apps and their associated files.
- Sync Mac with WinMobile, Android, iPhone, and Dropbox.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Customize and bind your keyboard.
- Data recovery software.
- Back up your data automatically and get instant access from you...
- Accomplish frequently needed complex tasks in Excel with mostly...
- Firmware update for MacBook Air (mid 2012) models.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Automatic backup and synchronization utility.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Does what the name says - and gives a nice overview."
Version: Compare Folders 3.4.2
Does what the name says - and gives a nice overview.
I have none so far.
"Very Competent Software"
Version: Compare Folders 3.4.2
Does exactly what it is supposed to do, and does it well. If you have more than on computer, or move files around a lot, it's a bargain. Features that make it very useful for managing files, separate drives, thumb drives, you name it.
none that I have found.
I keep my life on my Macs. I use CF to make sure I'm not wasting disk space with duplications, but also to assure I don't get rid of an important file by mistake. It's indispensable for version control, where a historical sequence must be maintained. It works, it's easy but powerful with file management tools, not just comparisons.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content