CNET Editors' review
Photo collages can be a great way to tell a story, keep memories and simply have fun. Collage Maker promises to be a program that gives users every possible collage-making tool imaginable. Unfortunately, one of the tools to make the process quicker and easier to use isn't available during the trial. And despite this program's overall ease of use, novice users might be overwhelmed by the number of available options.
This program presents itself much like simple graphic design programs, such as Paintbrush, but with different icons and commands. Large screen and buttons along the top and left hand side make Photo Collage an easy program to navigate. The Auto Collage button along the right hand side is the most valuable tool on the screen. This lets you select your photos, choose borders, size, and other necessities. Back on the main screen there are a number of filters, stamps and other special effects users can apply to their work. While experienced users won't have any problem, this may be a bit overwhelming for newer users.
Collage Maker has a great amount of control and quality, but this 30-day trial is limiting where it matters most: collage design. The collage template option cannot be accessed, so once the pictures are laid out, users must manually move them into position. While it doesn't explicitly say so, we suspect users must purchase the full program for this option. However, while this is inconvenient, the overall program functions intuitively and provides a simple way for users to cluster their pictures and make a collage.
From Galleria Software:
Build stunning collages quickly and effortlessly with Collage Maker. Put your digital photos on a collage and share the collage with your friends and family. Take a collection of photos and allow the Auto-Collage feature to quickly create a collage from your photos. Apply Auto-Collage Themes to your collection of photos. Auto-Collage Themes allow you to generate collages quickly. For those folks who are more creative, Collage Maker includes many customization options to really make the collage unique. Collage Maker includes a very comprehensive Auto-Collage feature which includes five different methods for performing the Auto-Collage. Collage Maker includes Holiday Templates, Ornate Picture Frames, Rubber Stamps, and many Masks. Upload your collage to Facebook or turn it into your PC's wallpaper. Print your collage at home or have it processed by a digital photo center.
What's new in this version: Version 3.7 lets the user upload their Collages to Facebook; adds Auto-Collage Themes.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 43 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Simple and easy"
Version: Collage Maker 3.7
Simple to use
No learning curve
Does a decent job
Relatively limited choice of layouts (templates)
I only needed a simple collage for a one-time job - 5 photos I wanted to arrange as a memorial. This did the job handily and I did not need to spend a lot of time learning how to use a more sophisticated program.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content