CNET Editors' review
This program lets parents keep and publish a journal of their children's important life events, but a few errors occurred in our assessment.
Chronologs Life has a functional, multipaned interface that is easy enough to understand. With it, you can create journals for multiple children and write down everything ranging from your pregnancy and birth experience to your baby's milestones and growth development. A Measurement feature tracks baby's height and weight measurements and sleep pattern, complete with percentile charts. You also can add pictures and easily organize them into photo albums. Unlike similar apps, there's no section for entering baby's firsts such as first step, first word and first haircut.
A step-by-step wizard guides you through the process of publishing your baby's journal. However, when we tested that feature, a number of errors occurred, including failure to invoke Web service and denied access to an open Web account. All in all, parents will lose nothing by trying this freeware program, but Chronologs Life's stability may prove to be disappointing.
Chronologs Life is software for your Windows PC which documents, charts and monitors your child's development from birth through to teenage years and beyond. Chronologs Life provides the framework, you provide the content adding your photographs, physical measurements, stories and anecdotes. Share your content with friends and family by Web publishing to a Chronologs Share account.
What's new in this version: may contain unspecified updates
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Capture screenshots of your PC screen.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Capture continuous images on the screen as a movie.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Monitor and capture typed text, screenshots, and other computer...
- View, log, and analyze Universal Serial Bus devices activity.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Track and record MSN Messenger chat on your network.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Record and monitor YahooMessenger chat conversations.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Sniff IP packets containing HTTP protocol and rebuild the HTTP ...
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Create forms, reports and graphics with runtime SQL builder.
- Detect, control, and eliminate activities that violate your adm...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Record your baby's developmental stages and publish them on the...
- Monitor and log computer activities in your network.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"better than other free programs, but needs improvement"
Version: Chronologs Life 3.2
i think it is well organized.
what in the world is a STONE? It keeps track of your child's weight in STONES, even though it lets you enter it in pounds. Also, it doesn't allow you to enter 20.5 for height at birth.
Every time I view the height and hit OK to exit the window, it enters a new entry for that day. OOPS. I make this mistake constantly. It shouldn't do that.
This program is a little frustrating. But so far I still think it's better than journal programs. I THINK.