CNET Editors' review
ChromeCacheView provides a simple set of tools for monitoring your browsing history within Google's Chrome Web browser. While its layout is disappointingly bland, its results are ample enough to appeal to all but the most jaded information junkies.
The program's interface is a very basic window with not much to speak of in the way of graphic design, which was disconcerting at first. However, we quickly learned how things worked without any instructions or Help file. ChromeCacheView proves its strengths in the form of data. It immediately showcased our browsing history within Google Chrome. Everything buried inside our cache, including file name, URL, file size, date accessed, and even server name, was all displayed in a cluttered, spreadsheet-like view. You can customize the view to show only specific elements of the cache, which helps ease much of the clutter and keeps you focused on the task. The program's best feature is undoubtedly the ability to click on a URL and instantly open it in order to see where we'd been. While it's not the prettiest program we've ever tested, this tool does its job by accurately tracking your stops using Google Chrome.
ChromeCacheView is freeware. It comes as a compressed file. While its layout is basic and its data display cluttered, the program provides a lot of good information, and we recommend it.
From NirSoft Freeware:
ChromeCacheView is a small utility that reads the cache folder of Google Chrome web browser, and displays the list of all files currently stored in the cache. For each cache file, the following information is displayed: URL, content type, file size, last accessed time, expiration time, server name, and server response.
What's new in this version: Version 1.46 has fixed that failed to decompress some of the files compressed with gzip.
More Products to Consider
- Analyze and view the cache files of Opera Web browser.
- Extract Web site video files from your Web browser cache.
- Analyze your search history with Google, Yahoo, and MSN on your...
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Convert over 20M YouTube to MP3 music clips and ringtones.
- Download and convert videos, including YouTube to MP3, M4A, FLV...
- Convert multiple Youtube videos to various formats.
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Set an icon, background image, and description for your folders...
- Recover missing precious documents from hard drive.
- Download and convert any YouTube video into your favorite forma...
- Drag, rename, and number batches of files.
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Access your folder contents and files and analyze directory str...
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads.
- Scan corrupted memory cards to backup lost images.
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- View the cache files of Internet Explorer.
- Extract music from YouTube movies as MP3 files.
- Decrease load time and improve application performance with thi...
- Show all files on remote Web sites exactly as they are located.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1