CNET Editors' review
CCleaner joins the line of tune-up utilities designed for Mac, as they need tightening up just as Windows computers do. The free app aims to clear the OS X system and give it a shot of fresh life, and all this is provided within a simple, easy-to-understand user interface, although some of its functions aren't as easy to understand.
The app ships with a nice, clear interface displaying information about the version number, the Mac computer's tech specs, and three vertical icons: Cleaner, Tools, and Options. We liked the speed of the analysis process and the fact that it delivers a detailed report of files found and their sizes. During our testing, the app returned more than 5,000 junk files when we ran the CCleaner Analyze tool, which took more than 2GB of the available space; the program wiped them all after we clicked Delete. In other words, it is a very simple app to use. However, the meaning of the Erase Freespace and Repair Permissions options wasn't too clear from the documentation, so you will need to do an additional Google search if you would like to use CCleaner running these commands instead of Disk Utility, the native OS X app.
The overall cleaning process resulted in our system booting much faster than before, which is the aim of the app. If you are looking for a good app for system cleaning, CCleaner could be a viable option, yet the other features, such as Uninstall apps at request, Repair Permissions, and Erase Freespace can be done safely by using other methods. CCleaner is most effective in making your Mac clean.CCleaner for Mac - Clean and optimize your Mac - Download Video Previews:
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Mac to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.
What's new in this version:
- New interface and icon.
- Improved cookie management.
- Optimized cleaning speed for OS X 10.8.
- Improved Safari cleaning.
- Added in-app upgrade to Pro version.
- Improved compatibility for OS X 10.5.
- Minor GUI improvements and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: CCleaner 1.07.233
Very easy to use.
None that I have found
Finds the clutter with one click. Removes with another click
"Easy to use. Executes quickly."
Version: CCleaner 1.07.233
Simple, streamlined screens make setup easy. Executes quickly.
There are no cons.
Good utility. One of a few that I have used for years. Plan to use it to wipe hard drive.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content