CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Mac to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.
What's new in this version:
- 6th Beta Release.
- Added Cookie management.
- Added Repair Permissions.
- Added Wipe Freespace.
- Added Crash Reporting.
- Added cleaning of Safari binary cookies in Mac OS 10.7.
- Uninstall now removes shortcuts from the Dock.
- Improved internet cache cleaning for Safari.
- Added Restore Default State option to cleaning rules.
- Improved detection of application versions.
- Several minor stability fixes.See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Protect files and emails using encryption software.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"'Erase Free Space' Erased 25 GBs of disc space!"
Version: CCleaner 1.00.093
The cleaner worked just as well on my OS X 6.8 Core 2 Duo Mini as it does on Windows machines, giving me back about 3 GBs of disc space.
Erasing Free Space erased over 25 GBs of disk space. Started with a little over 55 GBs and stopped it from running when it got down to only 29.34 GBs of free space left.
No idea where it went.
Nothing in support about this. No way to contact them without using the wrong form (which I did) or buying the product per their instructions to "click on the icon below" which was a 'Buy' button.
No idea how I'll get this space back.
Pretty scary little utility when erasing free space.This was put in a review of the Mac version. How it got to windows is beyond me just as the missing free space is.
No options in Menu bar.
Takes away free space.
Cleans caches, etcetera just fine but I won't be trying it again until they can explain where the free space went and how to retrieve it.
It made a backup file of some sort but there is no documentation about that that I could find.
Updated on Jan 18, 2012
Updated on Jan 18, 2012Glitch on cnet is how. Now I'm back on the Mac software page.
Updated on May 12, 2012Thanks eightclicks.
I talked to a Windows user friend that told me to let it run. It does that with disc space until it's done. Then it's freed up.
Nice if they'd have put that notice somewhere. If they did, I missed it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content