From BunnyWorld Entertainment:
A Particle system is a collection of little sprites (called particles) that move in a configurable manner, creating a variety of special effects, from fire, to smoke, to spraying liquid. Particle systems are often found in high end special effects programs such as Maya, Commotion, Combustion and the like. However, they're not that hard to make, so I figured every Final Cut Pro user should have access to one. Granted, mine isn't as perfect as Combustion's, but it's close and will be even better soon. To use, just download and drag into your final cut pro plugin folder. In OS X, this can be found in /Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins. Open up final cut pro and select a clip onto which you would like to composite some particles. For testing, I like to drag the "Slug" out of the render folder in the effects bin. Click on the clip and drag the Particles filter out of the BunnyWorld FX folder of the filters bin. Double click the clip and click the filters tab to check out all the ways you can configure the filter. Right now it's set to do a pretty nice fire simulation, but by changing colors, size, life, speed and a plethora of other parameters, you can simulate a ton of effects.
What's new in this version: I haven't had time to develop more features, but decided to open source the code so everyone out there could fool around with it. It's now in the archive in a file called "particle generator.src". Have fun, and send me some screenshots if you make anything awesome.
More Products to Consider
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows, part of iLife '11.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create, alter and manipulate photos.
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Create, edit, and enhance images.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Create mosaics from smaller images.
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Image browsing and editing for both still images and movies.
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Contextual menu for frequently used folders/files.
- Create your own personal USPS-approved postage.
- REALbasic plugin to get path of special apple folders.
- Magnify your screen up to 16 times.
- Rapidweaver theme.
- Drag & drop MP3 file tagging.
- Create 3D buttons in Photoshop and similar applications.
- Plugin for Apple iPhoto.