CNET Editors' review
Video and audio fans can capture and manipulate files in a variety of ways with this application, which offers a strong array of capabilities, but novices will be intimidated by the cluttered interface.
Breeze Standard Edition launches a medium-size window that--surrounding the video-viewing pane--is cluttered with buttons, icons and fields. Nothing about this application is designed for novices, for its design is not intuitive, and the Help feature, while it presents a lot of detail about the app's features, doesn't include a tutorial that would most benefit new users. That caveat aside, the app performed well in our test, although some of the URLs we entered for accessing Internet videos were rejected by the app as unreachable. These glitches may have been merely caused by connectivity issues within our testing environment, but users should be aware of the problem as they try out Breeze on their own. The learning curve is a bit steep, because the designers have installed a lot of features into the app. The tabbed interface provides a lot of flexibility for working with multiple files from multiple streams, and the very many media formats the app supports will make it very handy for users who work with a wide variety of media.
The trial period should be adequate for most users to determine the app's usefulness, but the initial barrier for most users will be the confusing interface. Still, getting past that speed bump will unleash a lot of features for playing with a variety of media.
From Discovery Scientific:
In Breeze you may work with multiple sources of video, audio and pictures simultaneously, using a unified user friendly environment. You may play video and audio from files at the local computer or a network, play DVD, stream video and audio from the Internet, watch TV, listen to FM radio, capture live video and audio and record it to files from Webcams, DV cam-coders and microphones. You may transfer images from scanners and digital video cameras, view and edit pictures. You can play, step back and forth through videos and pictures, compare them side by side, capture and save images of your choice "on the fly". Multiple Tabbed Document Interface based on the "Fluid GUI" architecture, multiple media channels and video ports in each media document, flexible configuration features, video playback cache, image and video capture, "Picture In Picture", "Video Care" create a feature rich media environment. For business users Breeze is an effective tool for documenting and side-by-side comparative analysis of video and images in the areas such as professional sport, videography, security, scientific, engineering, medical, video and photo editing applications. Breeze supports 100+ video and image formats including AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VOB, WMV, ASF, FLV, SWF, MOV, DV, H.264, DivX, XviD, MNG, OOV, MP3, WMA, WAV, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, 50+ YUV / YCbCr formats.
What's new in this version: Version 5.7.2 adds a support for up to 4 universal media channels per a single media document.
More Products to Consider
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Add watermarks to all videos whatever AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, MPG.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert MTS files to popular video formats like AVI, MP4, MOV.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Add a Web browser plug-in for accessing rich interactive applic...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Cut segments of your video and audio files.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Good frame ripper"
Version: Breeze Standard Edition 5.4.6
it rips frames from all video formats...
Version: Breeze Standard Edition 5.4.4
?Breeze? package has been downloaded successfully from the Download.com by many thousands of users. There was no any reports that downloaded package is damaged or corrupted.
The author of the ?Rubbish? review (jimbo10200) does not give any specific information about problem he/she did experience, unfortunately. Therefore, it may be assumed that most probable causes of his/her troubles may be a bad Internet connection, corrupted equipment or OS software at his/her computer, or improper operating a computer by the ?Rubbish? review author during downloading from Download.com.
Reviewing a history of posts made by the author of the ?Rubbish? review (see link jimbo10200 at this page) shows that above assumptions may be very true.
Support team of ?Breeze? package will be happy to help author of ?Rubbish? review in resolving any problems associated with downloading and installation. Most recent version of Breeze always can be downloaded directly from the support web site. Click link ?Discovery Scientific? at the top of this page to find the web address of that web site.
Publisher of ?Breeze? package
Version: Breeze Standard Edition 5.4.4