CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Not every smartphone has detailed battery information at your fingertips. Battery Widget puts a simple but detailed battery indicator anywhere on your home screen. It's simple and elegant, but not as customizable as other battery widgets in the Play store. It's still worth trying out, though.
Though the app prides itself on its cool widget, it features detailed battery information for you to use, too. Since the app is 1X1, it can be placed anywhere on your phone's home screen. It would be nice if there were a bigger version to use, with a few more statistics. It wouldn't hurt to be able to use colors other than green, orange, and red to indicate battery status, too. Thankfully, you can change when the widget displays a certain color, based on how much charge your battery has left. The defaults (green until 70 percent, orange at 50 until 20, red after 20) will be enough for most people. Battery Widget slides a battery life indicator into your status bar by default, which some people will love and some will hate. It's easy to disable.
The app performs just as you would expect it to. It's stylish when on your home screen and gives you enough information when you need it. Try Battery Widget if you want a very sleek, modern-looking battery indicator. If you like to customize colors and size -- to match your wallpaper, for example -- this probably isn't the best app for you.
Battery Widget is an elegant 1x1 widget which shows you the battery level on your home screen, with some nice animation when charging. Tapping on it will show more battery information with a shortcut to view battery use.In case you don't have enough space in your home screen, a clear battery level indicator is available on status bar so that you can see it even when you are browsing the web or sending text messages. It can be configured to show in 3 different colors to reflect high/medium/low battery levels. You can also define your own alerts, so that Battery Widget will automatically notify you about battery status changes.Battery Widget will not drain your battery, as it does only what it needs to do. When the device is idle, it is not listening to any battery information updates from the system if there are no active alerts. If there are active alerts, it just does minimal job to check if it needs to notify you and nothing more - it does not update any visible components when the handset is not in use. With this mechanism, Battery Widget consumes only little computation power and battery.Please email me if you could help me with localizing Battery Widget.========================Important Notes========================- make sure that Battery Widget is excluded in any task killer programs; it might fail to work properly otherwise- due to the limitation of the Android platform, homescreen widgets will NOT be available if Battery Widget is moved to SD card- some devices indicate battery level every 10% due to their kernel design (known ones are: most Motorola devices including Droid and Atrix series, Samsung Moment series)========================Instructions========================Please add Battery Widget to your home screen with the general methods below:Method 1: Press Home button followed by Menu button. Select Add -> Widgets -> Battery Widget.Method 2:Press Home button to show the home screen. Tap and hold your finger on any available space, select Widgets -> Battery Widget.Procedures to add widgets on home screen might be different in devices from various manufacturers with their custom user interfaces.========================Special Thanks========================Edith - Japanese localizationJaty - Korean localizationRecent changes:- Added: support for Korean and Japanese- Added: support for Android 4.0New features in v2.x:- Battery level indicator on status bar, showing in different colors in 3 configurable level ranges- Alerts for various battery statuses- Option to show temperature in Fahrenheit- Option to show power source in widget when charging- Available in multiple languages: English, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Japanese and KoreanContent rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: - Added: support for Korean and Japanese- Added: support for Android 4.0New features in v2.x:- Battery level indicator on status bar, showing in different colors in 3 configurable level ranges- Alerts for various battery statuses- Option to show temperature in Fahrenheit- Option to show power source in widget when charging- Available in multiple languages: English, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Japanese and Korean
More Products to Consider
- Clean cache, unused files, privacy history and app packages on ...
- Protect your mobile device with both anti-theft and antivirus.
- Turns your android phone into a Wi-Fi analyzer!!.
- Explore phones and PCs over net.
- Provide one-stop solution for mobile security and performance.
- Wifi Free gives you information about all nearby WiFi spots - b...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Install apps from your SD card on Android 2.0+ phones.
- Turns your Android device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal re...
- Bring Window 8 Taskbar to your Android.
- Zebra Battery Widget.
- Battery saver widget optimizes the battery of your device and s...
- Battery Notifier (Big Text) retains all of the battery charge l...
- Get pocket watch as your phone's background.
- Backup all your apps, market links, and remove bloatware from y...
- This displayes information of the battery and process, various ...
- The leading StopWatch and Timer on Android. Clean, simple and r...
- Answer your call without even touching your Android phone.
- Probably the most beautiful circular battery widget.
- Provide "Power Save Mode" to end-user, (ENERGY CONSERVATION @@!...
- Vpn One Click protects your privacy online and unlocks all bloc...
- This is an *ADDON* package for Battery Notifier Pro BT 1.3.6 or...
- Add and edit volume profiles and adjust volume of your Android ...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content