CNET Editors' review
BMExtreme is a great tool for computer users who enjoy hot-rodding their Internet connection. Much like a dashboard's gauges tell a driver everything they need to know, this program does the same for Internet-related system information.
This free unlimited trial downloads in the form of a medium-size box that allows a fully-customizable look at your system's bandwidth usage. The main screen measures the megabytes sent, received, and total for the session, day, and month. This is a great snapshot, but if you want something more particular, opening the configuration tab gives a world of variables. In addition, there are five different measurable stats at the bottom of the screen. Choose between a graph of the connection's speed, IP List, shared space with other computers and the days, weeks, and months of specific bandwidth usage over the program's lifespan.
Like other Internet monitoring programs, BMExtreme appeals mostly to users with a knowledge of the terms, facts, and figures. However, the aspect we liked most was how the display wasn't intimidating to new users, even though there is no information provided about what the various boxes and columns mean. If you are already obsessed with your computer's performance, this is a good freeware utility to add to your toolbox. If you are a novice, BMExtreme is a simple place to see if you want to learn more.
From Luigi Pino:
BMExtreme offers the power and flexibility to monitor how much bandwidth is consumed when using the internet. Easily do things such as graphically monitor your connection, ignore and share LAN traffic information, setup profiles and check cap limits placed by your internet provider. Whether for a single computer or complete network - BMExtreme is perfect for any setup and a must for anyone with internet cap limits. From dial-up and satellite to high speed connections, trust BMExtreme to monitor and keep track of your internet or network use.
What's new in this version: Version 2.76 fixes issue with internal encoding/decoding.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Provide secure VPN service to unblock websites and surf safely ...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and provide easy ac...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Replace your Network Interface Card's Media Access Control (MAC...
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Improve the performance and reliability of any WiFi, 3G, 4G bro...
- Make HTTP calls to a list of URLs.
- Look for DNS information of any Website on PC.
- Send ping request your specific address at a given time.
- Audit installed applications in windows networks.
- Monitor the bandwidth use of your network adapters remotely.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content