Welcome to B-Prolog, a versatile and efficient constraint logic programming (CLP) system! B-Prolog is being brought to you by Afany Software (New York), KLS (Tokyo), and NandaSoft (Nanjing).
The birth of CLP is a milestone in the history of programming languages. CLP combines two declarative programming paradigms: logic programming and constraint solving. The declarative nature has proven appealing in numerous applications including computer-aided design and verification, database, data mining, software engineering, optimization, configuration, graphical user interface, and language processing. It greatly enhances the productivity of software development and software maintainability. In addition, because of the availability of efficient constraint-solving, memory management, and compilation techniques, CLP programs can be more efficient than their counterparts written in procedural languages.
What's new in this version:
- An improvement of sort/2 avoids sorting when the given list is a sorted (ascending or descending) integer list.
- In cumulative(Ss,Ds,Rs,Limit), Limit can be an integer or an integer domain variable.
- Re-implementation of format/2,3.
- Suppress unnecessary "redo" and "fail" messages in traces for determinate calls.
- The parser prints out the souce code rather than a list of tokens when reporting syntax errors.
- Internal system predica... See all new features »