CNET Editors' review
The ongoing battle for Web browser supremacy leaves many Internet users confused about which one to use: Internet Explorer? Mozilla Firefox? Or Google Chrome, the current top browser? You can have all three with Avant Browser, a feature-packed free browser that incorporates the latest rendering engines of IE, Firefox, and Chrome, and lets you switch among them. Avant uses multiprocessing to keep one crashed or frozen tab from crashing the whole browser, and it's frugal with memory. It also offers optional free online storage for your bookmarks and other browser data. It offers tons of options, including the ability to enable AdBlocker and disable scripts, Java, ActiveX, and more with single clicks. Avant also boasts a Split View feature; customizable Mouse Gestures; a detached, always-on-top tab; and sidebars for bookmarks, history, feeds, and more.
Avant's attractive interface has just enough differences to stand out without being radically different from other browsers. The new Aero Glass theme supports all Windows 7 display advances and adds a few of its own, such as a hotkey-capable full-screen view that shows the browser toolbars when you mouse over them. The File, View, Tools, and other menus each offered some of the most extensive selections we've seen, such as a Clear Records submenu that let us clear 11 different browser caches or clear them all at once. When you first launch Avant, a pop-up lets you sign up for the optional Web-based data storage feature, a process that involves entering an email address and password. This feature lets you access your bookmarks and personal data from other locations. The browser lets users block Web site features that can cause sites to load slowly or crash, such as Flash animations.
Clicking Default Rendering on the Tools menu shows four options: IE Standard, IE Compatible, Firefox, and Chrome. We started by comparing Avant's Chrome engine with standalone Chrome, our default, and then to Firefox and both IE versions. Avant ran as fast as the standard browsers. Chrome still rules in either version, but the latest IE and Firefox engines are catching up. We could also set each browser engine's options separately.
From Avant Force:
Tri-core Avant Browser(Chrome,Firefox,IE),it's user-friendly interface brings a new level of clarity and efficiency to your browsing experience, and frequent upgrades have steadily improved its reliability. Multi-Processing: Multi-Processing design offers you a crash-free, lock-up-free, memory-leak-free internet browsing experience and high reliability. When one tab fails, it won't freeze the browser or pull other pages down. Online Bookmarks: Access your Bookmarks with Avant Online Bookmarks Service from anywhere, and don't need to worry about losing those data when re-install windows.. The encrypted stand-alone bookmarks file format can protect your privacy on a shared computer. AutoFills: Forgot a web password? Avant Browser will memorize passwords for you. You can fill web forms with Auto-Filler by a single click. And you can protect all your web forms with one master password. Flash Animation Filter: Experiencing slow page loading with GPRS/3G connection? More than 85% of all flash animations on web pages are advertising, and normally take up to 90% of the size of the page you're visiting. With Avant Browser you can save the bandwidth by blocking the download of these flash files with just one easy click. AD/Pop-up Blocker: Easily eliminate unwanted AD banners and pop-up pages automatically with just one click. Mouse Gestures: If you click a link in the web page with the middle mouse button, the link will be opened in a new window in the background. This feature is extremely useful for opening posts in forums. Avant Browser also comes with customizable Mouse Gestures, with which you can easily navigate the browser by moving the mouse. Private Browsing: Designed to set in a Private Mode, Avant Browser doesn't keep web data in your computer. So anybody else sharing the same computer with you won't be able to see which pages you have visited and which files you have displayed during your private web browsing section.
What's new in this version: [Update]support IE 11 [Update]Firefox:220.127.116.1151 [Update]Chrome:30.0.1599.101 [Fix]Cannot open Help page [Fix]Cannot load certain speed dial [Fix]Cannot input text under firefox engine sometimes [Fix]Cannot save non- English URL alias [Fix]Other minor problems
More Products to Consider
- Surf the Web with multi-processing browser with AutoFills, onli...
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Browse the web with a stylish browser.
- Browse the Web with enhanced browser based on Gecko 18.104.22.168.
- Surf the Web with browser with automatic form filler, popup blo...
- Navigate the Web using full featured Web browser with advanced ...
- Browse Internet using browser's integrating Cloud technologies.
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Use browser uniting rendering engines from Mozilla Firefox, Goo...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Browse internet using a Chrome-based browser with automation fe...
- Browse the Web fast and quickly.
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- Surf the Internet via browser with various features.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- View Flash multimedia content through your browser.
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Detect trackers and control their ability to view your online b...
- Take your bookmarks, surf internet, and experience the private ...
- Explore the Web in a safe and secure way.
- Navigate the Web with HTTPS browser that encrypts browsing sess...
- Get a DomSoft Browser, DomSoft Web Mail and DomSoft Wallpaper S...
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout while shop...
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 35 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I do not recommend it"
Version: Avant Browser Ultimate 2013 build 119
Tabs are available
By opening new tabs, it copies previous site's tab that was opened from insdtead of opening a blank site.
Tried to find it in settings, but not even setting was available to find.
Mozilla is better -however I want toget a new browsed I still recommend that
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content