CNET Editors' reviewMore driving sim than racing game (and more marketing vehicle than either), the Audi A4 Driving Challenge puts you behind the wheel of an A4 as you steer through a winding course trying to avoid traffic cones. You can easily control your speed using gas and brake "pedals" on the iPhone's touchscreen, but learning how to steer can be tricky at first. With the game's overhead view, right and left can be counter-intuitive depending on which way you're facing--although with a little practice, you'll eventually knock down less than a thousand cones per lap. (Especially once you realize that your steering improves as you brake--and that this is closer to a drivers licensing test than a World Championship Rally.) The Audi A4 Driving Challenge is definitely fun for a free game, but it's hardly ambitious, with no sound effects and little replay value beyond trying to beat your time on the game's five levels. Hopefully we'll see more complexity--like authentic sounds or even varied terrain--in future auto advergames.
The Audi A4 Driving Challenge is about precision performance driving. Use the iPhone's motion sensing accelerometers to test your skill against a series of challenging cone courses. Each course includes features intended to hone your reflexes, control and anticipation.
The player will complete three solo laps across a series of five courses, receiving a time for each course. Don't clip the cones! Each cone the player hits will deduct a full second from their lap time. Just like real driving, it's better to slow down and remain in control than to constantly speed ahead at full throttle. Use of the brake and mastery of the course will be required to get a good time.
If you're ready for a driving skill game that isn't just "pedal to the metal", this game is for you!
What's new in this version: New Product
More Products to Consider
- Play music in a DJ application on your JAVA mobile.
- Watch video, listen to music and podcasts, stay informed about ...
- Record phone calls and voice messages easily.
- Race a sports car, a stylish coupe, or a fast Formula 1 car aro...
- Create polyphonic music in any genre.
- Drive different vehicles in a street racing game with a true ph...
- Download and listen to netcasts (podcasts) on your Nokia mobile...
- Edit and record audio, music, voice and other sound via your Po...
- Listen to 'I Love Radio' on your Nokia phone.
- Locate, track, sync, and access your mobile device remotely.
- Listen to online radio on your Java-enabled phone.
- Choose from four different Zippo Lighter styles with this virtu...
- Play sounds and listen to music on your Symbian device.
- Put the pedal to the metal in a 3D car racing game on your Pock...
- Stay in touch with your friends on your iPhone.
- Create your own unique ringtones with the help of your Nokia ph...
- Tilt your iPhone or iPod touch to guide the ball to the goal in...
- Enhance photos on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Get personalized streaming radio on your BlackBerry.
- Get all the information from Wikipedia right on your phone with...
- Use your Pocket PC as an audio recorder with a bundle of featur...
- Keep track of company car usage with this application for the P...
- Listen to Jazz FM on your Nokia phone.
- Keep a service event records for an unlimited number of cars on...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"No Fun at All"
Version: Audi A4 Driving Challenge 1.0
It's free. That's the only good thing about this app. I would have been very upset if I paid money for it.
It looks like it's supposed to be a first person driving game, but you're really just looking down on the car from directly above. It's virtually impossible to play because the curves come out of nowhere.
Don't waste your time.