From Blue Ridge Networks:
Safely use Facebook, open documents and media files from friends (or hackers), insert any USB thumbdrive, click on Email attachments, or visit any website. If anything should be malicious, AppGuard blocks it, without relying on virus definitions, error prone heuristics, or confusing user-prompts. Install AppGuard on a PC with or without Anti-Virus/spyware. AppGuard can triple your protection from your anti-virus/spyware alone, which only blocks about 20% of malware code less than a week old. Botnets alter their malware code at least every 10 minutes, and retire each variant within 48 hours, so that the PDF or video you think came from a friend cannot be identified by your anti-virus/spyware.
What's new in this version: MemoryGuard blocks inter-process code injection attacks, MBRGuard blocks master boot record attacks, including rootkits, InstallGuard prevents unauthorized software installations, Parental Controls that override kids with local admin rights, a re-engineered graphic user interface.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your system without relying on signature databases upda...
- Protect your family and your identity against Internet threats.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
- Delete currently used, locked, undeletable, and busy files with...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Provides corporate level protection from viruses, spyware, spa...
- Encrypt your messages with a key.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect, back up, and restore your computer system.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Scan your PC for viruses and remove malware.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Removes viruses and malware from your computer.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Kill unknown Trojan horses and viruses to protect your personal...
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 13 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A Better Approach to Computer Protection."
Version: AppGuard 3.0.13
Surf, Search, Shop, and Bank Online Safely
Harmlessly Open Email Attachments and Internet downloads
Play videos and games without Fear
Use Facebook and other Social Media free of Malware Infestations
Insert USB Thumb drives without concern of infection
Run Out-of-Date Software Applications Despite Vulnerabilities
Know that Your Family Photos and other valuable content are safe
AppGuard is for people that realize their traditional or legacy antivirus is only effective for traditional cyber attacks (i.e., old malware). Adding AppGuard protects you even when no virus signature/definition exists because AppGuard does not use signatures to protect you.
"Not an AV.."
Version: AppGuard 3.0.13
Blocks stuff really good including exploit-based memory-resident 'malware' droppers.
There is a common misconception this is an AV replacement. It only does part of what a modern-day AV HIPS does. Install it on an infected machine, or let a working-software binary-binded malware past it, and it's a 'malware' protector.
The reality is all software vendors practically ignore internet chatter unless it affects THEIR bottom lines, which forum posts and reviews&comments rarely do, so saying if it had a breach-entry and real-time ARK it'd have an tremendous edge in AV+ARK realms is unlikely to influence anything unless I'm some form of investor.
SIDE NOTE: I find humor as a software engineer and veteran security-researcher, that security solutions like this and Sandboxie hook/detour/underprivlage most syscalls on a platform, but still get logic-bombed out of with a single call to LoadLibraryA and VirtualProtectEX by VB and .NET 'malware' written by children(literally in most cases), which you can use from D.O.D. grade privileges in any process. What's sad is stealth methods that worked on them 3 years ago work today, but the authors and end-users have officially labeled it 'not a hole'.
Tell that to the 'malware' authors who are using it ^^