From DigiSlice Corporation:
AppComposer is a standards based solution for assembling custom Web, B2B, and other applications from reusable components. Its visual authoring approach accelerates the development of fully distributed enterprise applications, enabling even non-Java developers to assemble J2EE, JSP, servlet, and applet based components.
Faster than conventional approaches, AppComposer can be used by anyone familiar with Web applications. Both Java and non-Java programmers, including users of C, C++, Visual Basic, Perl, PHP, and even non-programmers can build, customize, and modify server and client-side Java applications. AppComposer insulates users from the complexities of Java by allowing visual application assembly without manual coding, while providing full access to the power and flexibility of Java, J2EE, and Web services technologies.
THE APPCOMPOSER ADVANTAGE
* Significantly reduced development cycles in application development and assembly
* Empower non-Java professionals to create Java applications
* Quickly build and deploy applications with no proprietary lock-in
* Reduce development, integration, and maintenance costs
* Elimination of complex "hard coded" component gluing and Java programming
* Leverage existing components and Web services, making applications more robust
* Maximize effectiveness of your development staff
Live editing provides real-time feedback on application changes by allowing modifications to be performed while the application is running, even with Web services, Servlets, and JSP. Evaluate design alternatives interactively and catch errors before they grow into big problems.
Advanced debugging for running and testing applications in real time. Single-step through server-side web applications and client-side programs, set watch variables and breakpoints, examine program data, and identify runtime and compile time errors.
Deployable to standard J2EE Application Servers, including IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, and JBoss.
Complete solution includes built-in web application server, JSP compiler, and relational database (HSQL) for out-of-the-box development. You can build and run complex distributed enterprise applications within minutes of installing AppComposer.
Standards based solution does not impose any requirements on applications, other than those of well behaved components and use of accepted Java standards.
Ships with pre-built components for integrating server- and client-side Java components and data connectivity.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed serveral bugs
- Added support to create webpages using the open source Free Marker Template Engine