CNET Editors' review
AoA Media's Audio Extractor Platinum is an affordable all-in-one digital audio application that bundles the tools you're most likely to need the most often. It incorporates an audio extractor; a converter that handles not only common file types like MP3, WAV, AVI, and WMV, but also less common types like OGG and iPhone Ringtone; a sound recorder; a voice changer; and even karaoke.
AoA Audio Extractor's stylish interface is a bit different, even in the flashy world of mediaware. It's an interactive dialog like Windows Media Center, with four large buttons that call up descriptions of the primary tools when you hover the cursor: Audio Converter, Audio Extractor, Sound Recording, and Karaoke Song Recording. The latter two applications offer some fun functionality, such as the ability to change voices from female to male or adult to child, and vice versa. A full Help menu and close/minimize program buttons complete the sparse layout, but the real action takes place in each function's pop-up control dialog. These are clearly configured and make it extremely simple to select source, format, and destination as well as bit rate and other parameters. Of course we tried the voice-changing feature in the karaoke and sound-recording utilities: it's a simple slider that alters the voice track's pitch, but it's extremely entertaining and usually provokes a laugh.
AoA Audio Extractor offers no audio silver bullet--it simply collects a set of competent audio tools in one easy-to-use format, with a few fun extras that set it apart from the crowd.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of AoA Audio Extractor Platinum 2.2.5. The trial version was limited to 50 percent conversion and 3-minute recording.
From AoA Media:
AoA Audio Extractor Platinum is an affordable all-in-one digital audio application that bundles the tools you're most likely to need the most often.
It incorporates an audio extractor; a converter that handles not only common file types like MP3, WAV, AVI, and WMV, but also less common types like OGG and iPhone Ringtone; a sound recorder; a voice changer; and even karaoke..
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Bring High Definition sound to YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandor...
- Change your voice and add sound effects to games and voice chat...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- MP3 Cutter Joiner is easy-to-use MP3 Cutter and MP3 Joiner tool...
- Enhance the sound quality of all PC audio.
- Capture, edit, enhance, and burn whatever audio files you have.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Combine multiple MP3 files into one and optionally convert the ...
- Increase PC volume above maximum.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Determine the exact BPM (beats per minute) of any song and upda...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Straightforward to use."
Version: AoA Audio Extractor Platinum 2.2.9
Easy to understand interface.
None so far.
Uses time markers instead of graphics to isolate the portion of the track you want to extract.
Does what it says on the tin, unlike an app such as Audacity which is for pros and tech geeks.
"Does what I need it to do"
Version: AoA Audio Extractor Platinum 2.1.2
This is good when using a video like from google, and youtube. Once you downloaded the video on your desktop and using this to convert and putting it on your ipod.
Effective, Fast, User friendly
I've been trying to find a specific song, but could not find it on iTunes, and the CD is out of print. Using "download helper" to save a video from You Tube and then using AoA Audio Extractor to convert it to mp3 was a snap. I now have my song. And it took all of 2 to 3 minutes from my initial search on YouTube to having an mp3 ready to go.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content