CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Angry Birds Lite is a free, 12-level preview of Angry Birds, an addictive physics-based puzzler with a lot of personality.
You're helping a bunch of birds, as they wreak vengeance upon a crew of smug little egg-stealing pigs. Basically a one-player, turn-based artillery game, Angry Birds has a dead-simple interface: you just pull back on a slingshot to launch birds one at a time, with your finger position determining the speed and trajectory of each bird. The only other interaction comes when new birds (essentially, different ammo types) are introduced: a tiny, MIRV-like bluebird and a speedy yellow bunker-buster, whose special abilities you activate with a single in-flight tap.
On each level, you have to use a limited number of birds to wipe out all the pigs, who are taking cover in a series of architecturally questionable structures. These precarious forts are built with ice, wood, and rock, all of which react differently to your incoming bird projectiles, and much of the game's challenge is in figuring out their weak points--so you can use the pigs' own buildings to crush them, or just to leave them exposed for future shots. You can increase your score by using fewer shots (i.e., birds).
In addition to a satisfyingly simple interface, Angry Birds has smart level design (tough at times, but not impossible), achievements and leaderboards through Crystal, and an instantly endearing visual and audio aesthetic (the birds' constant, goblinoid gibbering is one of the best things about this game). If you're a fan of pick-up-and-play arcade puzzlers, Angry Birds Lite is definitely worth a download.
The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the green pigs who stole the Birds' eggs. Use the unique destructive powers of the Angry Birds to lay waste to the pigs' fortified castles. Angry Birds Lite features challenging physics-based castle demolition, and lots of replay value. Each of the 6 levels requires logic, skill, and brute force to crush the enemy.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3 includes six new levels.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play 582 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content