The Amsterdam Mobile Guide provides users with striking images and accurate descriptions of Amsterdams most popular attractions, including restaurants and bars, sights, hotels, shops and much more. Compiled with the on-the-go traveler in mind, the Amsterdam Mobile Guide highlights the very best Amsterdam has to offer, helping travelers discover local favorites while allowing travelers to contact any venue by phone, email or website - or launch a Google map - directly from the application. Custom mapping allows users to toggle categories to visually locate areas of interest. In addition, while in Amsterdam, users are provided with a list of venues within walking distance (0.5km) of their current location, making this application indispensable to anyone exploring the city.
Categories: Architecture - Attractions - Bars - Entertainment - Gay & Lesbian - Getting Around - Hotels - Itineraries - Museums - Nightlife - Restaurants - Shopping
All content is stored inside the application. The only time you need an Internet connection is to interact with the web or Google Maps. Application settings further allow you to specify when and how updates are made to the content.
Developed by Brink Media Inc.
Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions
The Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions is the leading marketing organization for the promotion of leisure and business travel to and within Holland.
What's new in this version:
- design compatibility for OS 3.0
- an improved interactive map utilizing the native MapKit and limited offline tile caching
- a new Amsterdam street map with city transportation for offline reference
- added scheduling functionality for venues utilizing the 9292 online mobile API for public transportation in the Netherlands
- browse venue websites without leaving the application