CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
From Centroid PIC:
Application Description:Go beyond your iPod or iPhone's storage limits and stream all your favorite tunes on the go! Airband connects to your MP3tunes Locker - secure online storage for your digital music - to enjoy wherever you are with your iPod Touch or iPhone.Signup for free storage from the Settings page in Airband or at MP3tunes.com. Then sync up your itunes playlists and all your favorite music with easy-to-use Mac, Windows or Linux software. You can buy additional space if necessary. Then startup Airband, log into your MP3tunes locker and you're ready to rock out anywhere with your personal music collection at your fingertips - even all your itunes playlists.3 Easy steps:1) Sign up for a free MP3tunes Locker inside Airband or at www.mp3tunes.com2) Load some tunes to your Locker3) Login with Airband and enjoy!The MP3tunes Locker stores and plays all of these popular file types: MP3, MP4, AAC, OGG, WMA. Plus you can create up to 75 custom radio stations with a single click that are fully interactive (with unlimited skip and rewind!) tailored to any mood. For more info, go to www.mp3tunes.com.Airband Features:* Sort by Artists or Playlists, or Search for your favorites* Adjustable streaming bitrates for optimum listening* View album cover art as you listen
What's new in this version: iOS 4.1 compatiblebackground streaming supportedstreaming artist images for album art
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Get professional statistics reporting for your cricket club, te...
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Manage leagues of various kinds of sports.
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Create and check your personal lottery number selections.
- Improve your music skills by playing songs while staying in tun...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Make your Fantasy Football draft feel like a simulated NFL draf...
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Provide multiple multimedia solutions bundled in one mainframe.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Schedule your sports league games.
- Find and play Internet video.
- Organize any kind of social or company golf tournament from reg...
- Get a daily horoscope and zodiac advice.
- Watch DStv Mobile's or GOtv Mobile's DVB-H mobile television br...
- Learn the bases of music theory.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Obsolete if you have a 3rd or 4th generation Touch."
Version: Airband 2.1
Potentially useful for owners of Touch 2nd gen (or earlier), which can't go above iOS4.2 and consequently have no access to either Apple's or Amazon's Clouds, which both offer generous free storage space.
The fee structure is likely to be a turn-off to anyone who has a 3rd or 4th generation iPod, iPad, or iPhone with access to Apple's and/or Amazon's Cloud. Moreover, AirBand cannot automatically back-up and store your tunes as do Apple and, to a lesser extent, Amazon.
It's harder to find a use for Airband than it was before Apple's and Amazon's Clouds. If you have a pre-iOS4.3 model Apple device with limited space and moreover carry a lot of MP3 tunes that you didn't purchase, AirBand could serve as a musical Dropbox--providing you don't mind paying for the locker space. On the other hand, it's now possible to pick up a good used iPod Touch 3g or 4g for less than $150 and, even if it's no larger than 8GB, have free access to your tunes in Amazon's or Apple Cloud.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content