CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Smashing columns of enemy tanks with air power is the basic premise of Air Patriots, a free Android game. It's a variation on the familiar tower-defense game, but instead of stationary towers, you're behind the stick of a fighter plane on a ground attack mission. And what is the mission? We've already told you: destroying columns of tanks before they can cross the terrain you're defending, which can cause you to lose heart (and, thus, lose). You start out as a Rookie, but skill and audacity will see you promoted quickly, with better and faster aircraft to choose from. Air Patriots is suitable for all up-to-date Android devices.
Air Patriots has excellent graphics for a small-screen game. You have a choice of maps to overfly, each with several levels of play, though only the Grass map is unlocked for rookies. The game's settings are similar to other apps' options, and you earn credit to unlock new levels and upgrade your gear as you win more games. You can add planes to your squadron, too. You control your plane by tracing its flight path with your finger, setting up strafing runs that destroy tanks. Each tank has a small bar graph indicating how many hits it's taken; pour enough lead into a tank, and it explodes. You can strafe whole columns of tanks, but every now and then some tougher tanks appear. You have to loiter over them and really hit them hard to destroy these tanks, but you earn a lot more points, or Gears, which upgrade your plane and squadron.
It took a few tries to break the habit of trying to control the plane directly; you have to draw its flight path, and it automatically attacks any vehicles it flies over. But we soon figured out how to place the fast-moving plane over the slow-moving column to maximize our destructive power. Be sure you don't let any tanks escape, though! That causes you to "lose heart," and lose hearts, too, which costs you points. Air Patriots is totally addictive, though, so you'll probably be a fighter ace in no time.
From Lemon Team:
Amazon Game Studios presents: Air Patriots!Air Patriots is a new kind of tower defense game with unique and novel game play, and "towers" that take flight!In Air Patriots, you control a squadron of planes by drawing the paths they will follow to engage the enemy! Unlike normal tower defense games, in Air Patriots your weaponry is all mobile, allowing you to change up tactics on the fly and move your "towers" to where they're needed most!Prepare your defenses for when the combat gets fierce by leveling-up planes and collecting gears that will both unlock new battlefields and add new unique aircraft to your armada. Score high enough to receive a medal of honor on the Rookie, Pro, and Veteran levels of each map and youll unlock one of the 100 wave survival levels that will challenge your strategies to the fullest.Air Patriots features beautiful rich visuals, over 50 achievements, an awesome music score, and nearly endless hours of fun!GAMEPLAYAir Patriots is an action strategy game with simple controls. By drawing lines with your fingers you will precisely determine the path each plane in your fleet will follow as they move to engage the enemy. Air Patriots challenges players to balance a full squadron of aircraft using quick, but well thought-out strategies to eliminate the on-coming waves of enemy tanks.FEATURES- Use simple intuitive touchscreen controls to direct your squadron- Score high to receive the best medal possible on each of the levels- Hand pick your squadron from a variety of unique planes- Play for hour after hour to achieve high scores and unlock all achievements- Level-Up your planes to make them even more destructiveADVANCED GAMEPLAY- PATROL PATHS - Drawing paths is just the beginning; you can create a patrol path by drawing a circle. Once a plane is in a patrol path it will follow the same path indefinitely, so strategize well! - MAP STRATEGY - Find your own favorite spots for patrol paths on each of the 7 unique maps to personalize your strategy and maximize your score!- SQUADRON SELECTION Missile can be fired from a distance, bombs may do additional fire or radiation damage. In all there are 13 plane types, but you can only start a level with 5. Pick your winning combination!Recent changes:Changes Superior MedalChanges IAP (Maps now all bought with Gears)Content rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: Changes Superior MedalChanges IAP (Maps now all bought with Gears)
More Products to Consider
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- Play classic Nintendo platformer game on your Android device.
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- Dr. Driving drives you crazy!.
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- Ride rippin' waves and dodge great whites in the best surfing g...
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Trailblaze in this new standard for mobile racing game.
- ELITE FORCE game consists of 3 war battles providing hours of c...
- The most shining tower defense game on Android.
- Do you like driving big vehicles? Then you have to try Bus Simu...
- Play the most addictive physics-based car & bike racing game.Fe...
- In a world of might and magic, are you strong enough to dominat...
- Are you smart and quick enough to defuse time bombs with a pist...
- Dungeon Lurk Adventures - A True Classic Point and Click Action...
- Logo Quiz is the #1 ranked Logo Guessing Game on Google Play.
- Realistic 3D Yatzy game with many features; play solo, pass'n p...
- Age of Empire (Free Game)The number of downloads has been more ...
- Play a classic multi-directional shooter video game.
- Jump right in to a medieval universe where epic fights rage!.
- 4 Pictures 1 Word. Can you guess whats the word ?.
- The game is made in the style of Angry Birds.
- The most popular iOS strategic battle game comes to Android now...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content