From Adobe Systems:
Adobe Lightroom is the efficient new way for professional photographers to import, select, develop, and showcase large volumes of digital images. So you can spend less time sorting and refining photographs, and more time actually shooting them. Its clean, elegant interface literally steps out of the way and lets you quickly view and work with the images you shot today, as well as the thousands of images that you will shoot over the course of your career. Because no two photographers work alike, Adobe Lightroom adapts to your workflow, not the other way around.
Version 1.4.1 added camera support for the Canon 1Ds Mark III, Nikon D3, Nikon D300, and Olympus E-3. Also, updated Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard support.
What's new in this version: Version 1.4.1 added camera support for the Canon 1Ds Mark III, Nikon D3, Nikon D300, and Olympus E-3. Also, updated Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard support.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Right-click an image file you want to preview and you'll see a ...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Take screenshots (selected area, or full screen), edit and uplo...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Wait for Lightroom 4 (beta is now downloadable)"
Version: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.6
1) If you are just a traditional photographer, Lightroom eliminates the need for spending the really big bucks on Photoshop. Most users of Lightroom, that I know, now do very little to nothing in Photoshop.
2) If you have a PC, lightroom is the best.
3) Price has been cut to $149, but that is because a new version is coming. Whether or not Lightroom 3 will be upgradeable and the cost of the upgrade (or the new version) I know not.
4) For PC users, I give it 5 stars but then cut it because you need to wait for Lightroom 4.
5.) 3 stars for MAC user when compared to Aperture. But if you know Adobe speak/logic, Lightroom might be okay
1) For MACs, Aperture is equally as good and costs only $80. I don't think Lightroom is worth the additional cost.
2) Sluggish on my late 2008 MacBook Pro.
For MAC get Aperture. For PC get Lightroom.
"Trying Demo of LR3"
Version: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.2
Fast! Complex, makes managing imaegs easy if used correctly.
I am used to Pshop tear off menus and 2 screen workspace. LR seems to strive to HIDE what you are not using.
I like it and will purchase a license for it soon. LR allows me to keep all imagers in 1 place on an external drive and gives me the security of data that I need.
"All in one - from simplest to advanced"
Version: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.7.0
- good library organising
- easy and smooth editing
- develop, export, web album, slideshow, print - all there
- simple and fast to work with
- loads of plugins on web
- nice interface
- must have for pros or advanced amateurs
- missing better back-up system (although there is one pretty good)
- sorting Collections could be simplier (iPhoto style?)
- using mac i have that PC/Windows feeling from it (i'm spoiled, i know :)
- some controls seems to do the same as some others
I was trying few applications (avaliable for Mac) for sorting and editing photos from my SLR. I found Lightroom doing exactly what I wanted and even more, but that I leave it to professionals who has the time and determination to do so. Editing photos in the RAW was never easier and with such a speed and efficiency I never seen before. And even more, you can develop several "virtual" copies of your picture without physicaly creating a new file each time - saving your HD. Exporting to web album or to Picasaweb is very easy and is included as a interface or plugin, so is for print (never used thoug as I am using an online print company) and presentation as a slideshow.
If you are professional or advanced amateur after trying Lightroom (avaliable in trial version) you are gona love it. I am thinking of only one what can beat it and it's Photoshop. But if you don't need the rest of the big package of PS (also the price is different) and will use it only for photos then I would go for LR - well I did :)
Version: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.6
Easy file management. Able to do basic to moderately advanced non-destructive editing easily and well. Works well with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.
There is a learning curve, though not nearly as steep as Photoshop's.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content