CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will download an installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual download.
To learn more about AVG products and to ask questions and receive answers from AVG company representatives, please visit CNET's dedicated AVG Forum.
From AVG Technologies USA:
The most dangerous page on the web may be the one you are about to click on. AVG LinkScanner provides an advanced layer of security against fast-moving, invisible web threats, and hacked web sites. It verifies the safety of web pages you visit, and of links returned from web searches (Google, Yahoo! and MSN), so you know how safe/unsafe a page is at the time you attempt to click on it. It works alongside most current consumer AV and security suite products, delivering an additional layer of security they do not provide. Highlights: Real-time scanning of links you click on, so you can be sure you are protected from the latest hacked or exploited websites. Emphasis on analysis of each web page you visit instead of the web site. Automatic upgrades whenever the threat intelligence network finds a new threat. AVG LinkScanner is available as a free download for single computer, home non-commercial use.
What's new in this version: A) Even Greater Ease of Use
We've put a big emphasis for this release on making our product easy to use, for both our less-technically savvy customers, as well as those that wish to have greater levels of control with their PC protection. We've completely overhauled our interface, simplified our Firewall and improved our install experience.
- New User Interface
Our new User Interface has been developed with extensive involvement from our customers, helping us to build somet... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Protect your PC in real time from malware & spyware.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Reduce multiple passwords to one single item.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Protect your PC from various malicious threats with antivirus a...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Find and remove specific viruses from your PC.
- Get the latest antivirus updates.
- Update Norton virus definitions and antivirus products.
- Block certain Websites from attacking your PC.
- Protect your system and files from virus and spyware.
All versions:2.6 stars
out of 139 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Stay Away From this product."
Version: AVG LinkScanner Free Edition 2013 2013.0.2677
Worked ok for me for awhile BUT ? Soon started hating it.
Kept wanting to restart my OS Win 7 64 bit twice a day for computer virus updates. I was skeptical about this product and when I uninstalled it I told AVG about it in the uninstall survey.
I dosen't completly uninstall all it's files you need to go back and manually do that at the root folder it installed itself into. I don't ever delete much. Instead I use a privacy shedder from Spy Bot Search and Destroy
In summary don't use t his piece of worthless crap. I use Zone alarm to protect me from most everything and it's reliablity far surpasses AVG's software. Never liked emm and never will so STAY away from this product it's not worth the DL and all it's headaches.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content