CNET Editors' review
Certain image formats are better suited to particular tasks than others, so if you do a lot of work with digital images it makes sense to have a program that can easily convert between a variety of formats. AVD Batch Converter is definitely not the fanciest file converter we've encountered, but if you need a no-frills way to convert batches of images from one format to another, it can get the job done.
The program's interface is intuitive, if not particularly attractive. Three panes let users navigate to specific directories, view a selected directory's contents, and preview selected images. The program can display all of the images in a given folder, or users can specify the file type they're looking for.
One drawback of AVD Batch Converter is that you can select one or all of the images in a specific directory for conversion, but you can't add images from multiple directories to a single batch of files. Once you've selected the images you want to convert, choose the output destination and desired file format; options include BMP, JPG, GIF, TIFF, PCX, PNG, TGA, JP2, and PSD. Click Start and AVD Batch Converter will deposit the converted files in the specified location.
In addition to converting images from one format to another, the program can perform a variety of other tasks, including changing image size and resolution, cropping, and adjusting contrast and saturation. There's no Help file, but the program should be easy enough for most people to figure out. Overall, AVD Batch Converter isn't the most sophisticated program we've ever seen, but it's not a bad choice for a no-nonsense file converter.
From AVLAN Design:
AVD Batch Converter allows you to easily convert multiple graphics files. Features: Save specific file format parameters and save preview dialogs; Viewing of any image in a separate window; Resample images (with use 9 resample filters); Change resolution; Change paper size, placement a image on paper, paper color; Crop of the selected area; Rotate through any angle; Create horizontal and vertical mirror images; Auto Equalize; Negative; Regulate contrast, RGB, HSL, and HSV.
More Products to Consider
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Speed up design work with screen capture tools.
- Add frames to your digital photos for your projects in a simple...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create Flash slide shows with photos and music.
- Restore old and damaged photos from your family archive by remo...
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, annotate, and share your digital photos.
- Make people in your photos look nice.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Resize and transform your high-resolution images into e-mail-fr...
- Let your photo editing ambitions soar on the big screen.
- Image viewer.
- Capture and edit your images on PC.
- Resize images using the right-click menu.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content