ATI Technologies Inc. ATI-264VT4 PCI
ATI Technologies Inc. ATI-264VT4 PCI
"Totally screwed up my Windows 8.1 laptop"
Version: DriverMax 7.35
NONE. My computer is no long working the way it was.
It's a scam. Tech support does not respond to emails.
Purchased the Pro version to update my drivers on my Windows 8.1 Laptop. Bad move on my part. Now none of my USB ports work. I tried to do a system restore and this also fails. My laptop is slower now then ever before. If you do this GOOD LUCK !
"Worst support ever"
Version: IGC Survey 1.2.2
None that I can think of
Product always requires calls to igc for help because it won't open, cant do what it says it does in releases.
No communication on how their system really works. I find out new things that I should have previously known but no where to find that info.
I would not recommend this company to my enemies!!
"Multi-vendor cart not useable with Western Ecommerce"
Version: UniE-Commerce V1.4
None that outweigh the problems
We found numerous flaws in the multi-vendor software that made no sense from an ecommerce perspective such as:
1. All forms that contain an address use a drop down field for the city which must be pre-programmed to contain the city of your customer. There is no way you can know which cities, out of the hundreds of thousands of cities in the world, that your customer lives in or will wants to ship to. Just ridiculous. When we brought it to their attention they wanted to charge us an exorbitant fee for "development" to fix it. Later we found out that they had already done the fix for an Australian site and wanted to charge us again for fixing something they had already fixed for another customer.
2. There is no way to delete products or coupons that you don't want to display on any of the sites. And no way to search for transactions by date or period of time such as by the day, by the week a certain month or certain time segment.
You can only search by the customer's name or order number, one-order-at-a-time. Again, extra charge to fix.
3. No coupon field in the checkout page to be able to use coupons.
There are many more problems which they will be glad to fix for extra cost making the final bill at least twice their advertised price. Not enough room here to list them all.
Company refuses to use any kind of legitimate 3rd party escrow service to guarantee, after repeated delays in delivering software on time, an acceptable end product. Also many of the Gallery of sites they display on their website I found out are not real companies or merchants. They made them up for show in their gallery. Spending some time drilling down into each of the sites show pages to don't contain anything real and don't go anywhere. Fake companies and products.
"Rubbish, doesn't even work."
Version: Cute Screen Recorder Free 2.0
None, It doesn't work.
It doesn't work.
Records a video that then won't play back. Windows media player does not recognize the video format.
Complete waste of time.
"Horrible horrible adware software"
Version: Free Epub Reader 1.0
it's free? see cons
a ton of adware. even choosing advanced install, and opting NOT to install, they still did anyways. on top of that, check your chrome settings... hijacked! homepage? hijacked! default search? hijacked! on top of that, erased all of my bookmarks. CNET should pull this software down.
"Absolutely great product. A must have for pool managers"
Version: NFL Pool Manager 2014 1.07
- A great product for experienced web site developers and for those with absolutely no experience alike.
- Takes manual work out of running a pool. A simple click of a button does that for you.
- Lots of pool options. Lots of NFL and pool stats automatically created and available to your poolies on your website.
- No need to have your own server to host your pool web site (you can opt to host on your own server if you want). PM 2014 offers that web space to you with all the site deployment tools built in.
- Creates all the web pages for you! You can access the pages local on your PC so those with a little html experience have access to customize their pages.
- Great active support and product development. I can't say enough about this! A nice web site forum is open to all users. Product developers are VERY active on the forum providing personal assistance if needed. A community of experienced product users are also very active and helpful to experienced and non-experienced users.
If you don't like to have all the work done for you with the push of a button and instead prefer to do all that manual work yourself... then this product may not be for you.
I've been a user of Woofpool for years. NFL Pool Manager 2014 took over where Woofpool left off. Lot of additional great new features, new program developments, and active product support. Previous Woof users will find this product seamless and comfortable to use with a familiar look and feel. New users will be amazed with the ease of installation, ease of use, and all the professional web pages the program creates."
"Awesome for HR"
Version: DynaFile 2.5
We were able to get our term files into digital format very quickly and with little effort. Moving forward we have been using the Docusign integration for electronic onboarding and for PTO requests, etc. Huge time saver when coming from paper format
Docusign templates take a little bit of time to get set up, but definitely worth it
Highly recommended for HR
"Read the Eula and see if want to play their way."
Version: WPS Office 2014 Beta 2 188.8.131.5246
Its a direct ripoff of MS Office 2010 in form and function.
The EULA plainly states that anything you create is the property of Kingsoft. This means they get any revenues legally if you should write anything for profit. This also begs the question - How do they know what you have written with their software unless they an embedded worm that sends them copies of everything you have written? This is worse than the NSA.
The fact that whatever you write is the property of the Chinese government should make you avoid this product as though it were infected with Ebola. I am not sure if the program also has an embedded worm that sends them everything on your computer. Such a worm would not be picked up by your anti-virus software. The risk is too great for accepting this software no matter how well they cloned Microsoft's property.
"SPAM SPAM SPAM"
Version: Free Duplicate Photo Finder 1.0
If you love crapware installed all over your computer, this is the program for you.
Installed 3 programs despite doing Advanced installation to avoid this - got tuvaro hijacking my browser icons and my search providers changed to search-net.
Took 45 mins of spyware checks and manually editing the registry to clear it out.
Couldn't even use the program my computer got so inundated with spyware, adware and general crap.
"CNET Download Service Turns to Scumbag Tactics"
Version: File Shredder 2.5
Non that I can think of
Sadly CNET Download Service can no longer be trusted.
Sadly CNET Download Service can no longer be trusted. This site is now riddled with software that contains malware, crapware, bloatware, etc. Just read the recent reviews of this software and many many others and you will get the picture. Shame on CNET for letting this happen to a great service. Perhaps much of the installation of this wide spread malware being installed is the result of careless users not realizing what they are checking, clicking or agreeing to....but that's besides the point. Deceptive business practices that lead to this outcome are just plain wrong. Case in point, there are typically 6 download buttons/links listed on the top of each download page, 4 of which have nothing to do with the intended download. This is all done to create confusion for the user in hopes of tricking him or her into clicking the wrong button. And if you click the CNET sponsored download link, beware. The link is littered with tricks and traps to get you to unknowingly agree to install malware. I'm all for tying to make money, but doing it through gimmicks, tricks and deception is just pathetic...and should be illegal.
It's time to reevaluate your business model CNET...I for one will longer be using your once great service.
Please describe the problem you have with this software. This information will be sent to our editors for review.