CNET Editors' review
AIFF MP3 Converter provides an exciting number of file conversion options for such a simple program. It can convert practically any audio or video file type in a hurry.
The program's interface was sparse but surprisingly perfect for its functions. We were able to quickly master its few commands and options in order to convert files. After reading the product description, we assumed this program only converted AIFF files, but we were pleased to discover we could convert just about any audio or video file. We simply added files to our queue and chose a file type to convert them to. The list of choices was surprisingly long; 11 formats ranging from common MP3 and WMV types to less common formats like AMR and AWB files. The program converted our 6-minute song in a little under a minute, and the result retained all the original's elements. One note, however: we could only convert video files into audio files, not other video formats. The program provides a surprising amount of flexibility with its extra features, such as the ability to adjust each file type for size, speed, and quality; this is a helpful way to save space on a hard drive or a personal audio player.
AIFF MP3 Converter only converts 60 percent of a file during its trial. We were able to easily change file types for audio and video files with this helpful tool. Its simple layout and excellent conversions make this a program that we recommend.
From Hoo Technologies:
AIFF MP3 Converter converts AIFF to MP3 and MP3 to AIFF. AIFF files generally end with a .AIF, .AIFF, .AIFC, or .AFC extension. The converter focuses on AIFF file that supports almost all codecs in AIFF specification, for example, a-Law, mu-Law, IEEE 754 float, IMA4, GSM, GWVW, and so on. And The converter reads ID3 tag in AIFF file and transfers to output file when converting.
You can change encoding parameters of target files such as sample frequency, bit rate, channels, and quality. So it's possible to convert a large-size file to a smaller one. And, the software adds or keeps ID3 tag when converting. The software supports to increase and decrease volume as well. You can also join multiple AIFF files to one big AIFF with the converter.
The software also supports batch conversion. You can convert bulk of files at a time. The converter supports more than 100 audio and video files, and converts to 30 files such as AAC, AIFF, ALAC, AMR, FLAC, M4A, M4B, MP3, MP4, OGG, WAV, WMA. The software is full compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit Vista and Windows 7.
What's new in this version: Version 3.3 build 1049 converts AIFF to CAF; improves conversion kernel, fixes ID3 bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Set up a virtual sound card that lets you broadcast/record/conn...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Record your own voice, music, or any other internal / external ...
- Listen to music on your computer.
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- All-in-one digital audio application to extract audio from vide...
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs.
- Burn all your photos, videos, music, and data to CDs, DVDs and,...
All versions:1.2 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Makes changes to browsers changes default settings"
Version: AIFF MP3 Converter 3.3 build 1049
Seems to work for AIFF to MP3 conversions - but see CONs below.
The day after I installed this, I discovered that the default search engine in all 3 of my browsers had been changed from Google to something I had never heard of. In addition, a mystery toolbar had been added to my browser.
CNET, you should have a policy that disallows such sneaky software on your site.
"Bad CNET! No soup for you!"
Version: AIFF MP3 Converter 3.3 build 1049
Im currently breathing.
You get spoiled by the great people at CNET and Their quality control superiority, Then something like this comes along and drives you insane. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content