CNET Editors' review
Using the modules built into ABC Kid Genius, parents can help their children learn their ABCs, count, and read. The program doesn't replace classroom learning, but is easy to use, inexpensive, and a useful tool for parents to use with their kids at home.
Phase II ABC Kid Genius is broken down into several categories: learning words singly, using words in sentences and story formats, learning numbers, and counting. The program's databases of words and stories are limited in this free version. Users have the option to purchase a membership that will allow you to add to the program's databases of words, numbers, and story pages. We thought that the most valuable feature that ABC Kid Genius has is the ability to add your own words to the database. Users can select which words they want to add and even upload a photo to illustrate what the word describes. You can add sound clips and video, which gives parents the opportunity to personalize the program.
ABC Kid Genius has a good Help file built into it, and the program has a Web site that users can navigate to from the Help menu. Unfortunately, this program does not install or uninstall cleanly. When installing the program, Desktop and Quick Launch icons and bundled applications are added without asking, and we had to manually remove folders and icons after uninstalling the program. Still, we recommend ABC Kid Genius as a useful tool to help kids learn how to read.
From Phase II:
Free software to learn the alphabet, numbers, counting and spelling using sound, pictures and video clips. Using the recognition method babies and toddlers learn by watching auto rotating lessons. Kids as young as 18mths can learn to use the keyboard. Progress and learn to type the alphabet, numbers and counting. Rotating flash word with or without pictures. Spelling words with help, hints or Auto spell which will spell one word or all words in database automatically. If the word is spelled correctly a video is played as reward. Words can be added or deleted to the spelling.
What's new in this version: Version 5.4 adds more screen resolutions.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Record all of your keyboard activities as well as language spec...
- Perform surveillance on your PC in a covert manner.
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Monitor every keystroke on your system.
- Record keystrokes, visited web sites, and screenshots of all PC...
- Watch videos, shows, and movies from Web sites such as Hulu, CB...
- Protect children from pornographic content on the Web.
- Get various learning games and exercises for kids ages 2 to 6.
- Monitor user activity remotely and stealthily.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Needs to be upgraded further"
Version: ABC Kid Genius 5.3
good resource for children with learning problems
won't work in Windows 7-64 or windows7-32
Tried to put on windows pro-64 no luck would not let me download free words to activate. Got it activated on windows home premium but the next morning it had been deleted for me. Got it on my wife's computer with XP pro and is working just fine. It i a great resource for parents as well as teachers.
"Very good software."
Version: ABC Kid Genius 2.21
Very good software.
Very good software.
Very good software.