Introducing A+, the first and most essential extension to the Wrist PDA watch by Fossil!
Get 5 productivity and functionality enhancements in a single, low priced package:
- HotSync Now!: allows you to launch HotSync in an instant;
- Business Card: beams your card quickly and easily from within any application;
- Backlight: can set permanent backlight for night reading or flashlight;
- Quick Launch: allows switching to pre-selected applications without having to go through Launcher first;
- Stopwatch: completes the watch's functionality in measuring time;
But wait, there's more to A+ than that:
You can re-configure the watch buttons to execute any application you want, not just the above ones! Assign background or foreground applications of your choice, developed by Beiks or any other third party vendor.
Third party application developers can benefit from the standard procedure of extending the list of A+ services for applications requiring sub-launching rather than complete application switch
In fact, A+ comes with more than the above 5 essential services; there are also Grayscale and Service List, which can be of use to certain end-users.
Finally, more you can expect more extension services to be made available to A+ by Beiks or third party vendors.
How does it work
A+ is an extension to the Palm OS operating system in your Wrist PDA watch.
It monitors the watch's hardware buttons for certain button combinations and when those occur, it passes the control to the application assigned to this combination.
From a user standpoint all that it takes is to press a button and, while holding it down, press another one for about half a second.
A+ is also an application container, for in addition to the above, it comes with a few applications by itself, like HotSyncNow!, Business Card, Backlight, Quick Launch and Stopwatch; those are referred to as "application services" rather than just "applications", because they would not make much sense as standalone applications, but are very useful when put in the context of enhancing the watch's functionality.
Information for developers
A+ distinguishes between two types of launching an application - a full launch (SysUIAppSwitch) or a sub-launch (SysAppLaunch). The later is very useful for performing a quick service without having to leave the currently active application.
For more details on how to enable your application to be sub-launched by A+, please download the simple A+ SDK header file.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Find out the location of your mobile phone when it is lost or s...
- Universal eBook & eNews reader.
- Experience the joy of reading the Bible on your Palm with KJV t...
- Pursue your passions and stay connected to the people you care ...
- Search your Windows Mobile Pocket PC for threats to your securi...
- Random password generator.
- Read the Bible on your Palm PDA.
- Record actions & play them back.
- Get an operating system with redesigned user interface and stri...
- Update the HotSync manager on your Palm.
- Read e-books, e-news, and e-docs on your Windows CE device.
- Boost RAM capacity and fix system crashes for your Symbian mobi...
- Sync, share, back up, and protect all your mobiles.
- Verify, repair and format storage cards on your Windows Mobile ...
- SkyDrive is the place to store your files so you can access the...
- Use information in Farsi language in any application on your Po...
- Launch any application on current application.
- Keep track of time spent on projects.
- Return lost.
- An application to write down reminders.
- Use information in Arabic language in any application on your P...
- Time logging app.
- Set visual reminders.
- Manage critical outlook information.