CNET Editors' review
Have you ever played a favorite DVD so many times that it started to skip, even with careful handling? DVDs are notoriously prone to skipping when scratched or marred. With today's high-capacity hard drives, why not store copies of your favorite movies and other important DVDs on your PC? It's easy with DVDVideoTool's 123 DVD Clone. With it, you can copy and back up your DVDs to your hard drive with a single click, and burn copies of them, too. It can copy entire discs or just save the main feature, and even split programs. While 123 DVD Clone is shareware, it's free to try, though the trial is limited to five days and seven uses. But that's more than enough time to see if 123 DVD Clone is the tool you'll want to keep around for making copies of all your DVDs for safekeeping. Recent updates include compatibility with Windows 8.
A simple layout with entry fields labeled Source and Target makes 123 DVD Clone easy to use. An Import button next to the Source field let us select a DVD from our player or a previously copied DVD from our hard drive. The Target field works just the same, but in reverse: We could save a copied disc to our hard drive or select our DVD burner to create a copy of a previously copied disc. The Copy Mode section offers three buttons: Whole Disk, Main Movie, and Split DVD-9. Under Output Settings, we could de-select foreign language soundtracks and subtitle data to save space as well as change the disc label and destination. The System Settings include a choice of burning engines. Clicking the question mark icon produced no Help file, unfortunately.
We started with a DVD in our PC's DVD tray. Be patient while 123 DVD Clone analyzes a DVD, as the process can take some time. When all was ready, we pressed the Start button. Copy time is similar to other DVD copiers we've tried. The finished copy played normally on our PC. When you think about the value of your DVD library, 123 DVD Clone offers inexpensive insurance.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of 123 DVD Clone 3.0.6.
With simplified copy and burning capabilities, 123 DVD Clone is ideal for consumers who want a fast, easy way to protect and share their personal DVDs. Simply press one button and you can copy your DVDs to your hard drive or to DVD+R/RW discs.
With 123 DVD Clone, you own the most efficient way to create backup copies of your DVD collection. These working copies allow you to play your DVDs every day without the inevitable risk of getting your originals scratched or damaged. You get disc protection with no loss of playback quality.
What's new in this version: Version 3.0.6 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Copy, clone, backup, rip, convert, shrink or burn your DVDs in ...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Convert, edit video and audio files for multimedia devices.
- Backup your own favorite DVD movies to DVD or to your PC.
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Easily convert and burn AVI, DivX, MPEG, WMV, MOV, MP4, 3GP, Fl...
- Create exact copies of your CD/DVD/Blu-ray disks.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Copy DVD and backup DVD movies.
- Convert your DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, Kindle...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Create, erase, and burn audio and data CDs and DVDs.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Copy, make and burn ISO files and CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs.
- Back up your DVD movies to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Kindl...
- Rip your DVDs to various video formats.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Rip any chapter of DVD video to MPEG file.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Back up, clean up, and keep your computer organized.
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Beware of this it installs malware"
Version: 123 DVD Clone 3.0.6
It does make a copy of the DVD like it says it will
It also installs Strongvault and Bing Bar. BingBar hijacked my home page. I had to search on line to find out how to get rid of Strongvault and found others had the same problem. When you try to get rid of it it actually trys to install more on your computer. The solution is to go to Windows FIXIT and that will solve the problem.
Shame on Cnet for not warning of this problemI was mistaken about the Bing Bar what it installs is "WhiteSmoke New Community Toolbar". Now I have to waste time trying to get my home page back and getting rid of WhiteSmoke
Updated on Apr 12, 2013
Updated on Apr 20, 2013Another update! After doing everything I could to get rid of this program I finally had to install some more software just to get rid of the pop up software it installed. I am now using IQmango which is free and works great. If you install it be sure to decline to allow it on your system because it will also upload nasty stuff along with it. After you decline it will proceed to only install the DVD maker without anything else.
"very simple to use. easy to understand"
Version: 123 DVD Clone 3.0.6
Easy to understand, fast, it does what it's supposed to do.
None for me.
Did exactly what it was designed to do... . Thanks for a great and simple product. Easy and clear operation. Very simple to install. Would recommend for copy my home dvds.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content