CNET Editors' note: This .jad file will begin installation if downloaded over-the-air via a mobile browser.
CNET Editors' review
vPost's free-to-try application aggregates your multimedia into one interface and makes it easier to share and post online. You'll be able to attach up to five separate media files--up to 1.5MB--including audio and video clips, photos, text notes, and files stored on your internal memory or SD card. That makes it a contender for serious sharing and social networking junkies, especially with convenience tools like the Favorite button, which lets you automatically route a multimedia bundle in a click to a preset e-mail address (including the CC and BCC lines, you can squeeze out three). There's also the ability to update social networks by e-mailing a message to multiple e-mail addresses such as your Facebook, Picasa, Blogger, Utterli, and Wordpress upload addresses.
If it seems a little ridiculous to pay for the privilege of e-mailing your own multimedia to your own social networks instead of uploading them through a convenient widget, you could hold out for the customizable social networking widgets that are on the agenda for a future release. However, even without them, there are enough helpful tools to stay interested. vPost's integration with the BlackBerry's calendar and e-mail make it possible to respond to a meeting or reply to an e-mail in your in-box using a vPost voice note or image. In addition, if your BlackBerry has GPS capabilities, you'll be able to let others chart and map your location--potentially useful if you're posting from a party.
While the integration, hot keys, and convenience of being able to create and share multimedia clips in one place speak well of the new app, vPost's drawbacks make it hard to recommend for all but the most hardcore media-sharers and bloggers. Still, this is one app we'll keep an eye on as it develops, and the two-week trial gives you time to decide if vPost can turn you into an efficient multimedia maven.
vPost is a solution that allows BlackBerry 4.5+ OS devices to upload and share captured data with their colleagues in an enterprise. The data capture formats include Picture (jpg), Voice (wav) and text. vPost allows the user to simultaneously take a picture, record a voice note and enter relevant text followed by a chance to review and then upload the information package to a central website. For GPS enabled devices, the uploaded information is geo stamped allowing the reviewer to map the location of the post. In order to review the post, a pre defined group of individuals can either download the information to their mobile device or access the website via PC.
More Products to Consider
- Resize and rotate batch photos at once.
- Turn your pictures into comic strips.
- Update and view photos on Facebook via your Symbian mobile.
- DVD converter.
- Connect to corporate network over GPRS-Edge-3G or WiFi using an...
- Beam/convert images from the eyemodule application.
- View, edit, and manage digital images on your Windows Mobile de...
- Resize pictures to smaller dimensions.
- Protect your mobile device from harmful wireless viruses.
- Receive and play multimedia content via wireless network on you...
- Transform your browser into a 3D experience for viewing photos ...
- View maps, pictures, diagrams, and even video on your Palm devi...
- Search, browse, and view Web videos or access Wikipedia on your...
- Browse the Internet on you Pocket PC.
- Hide all your private information & protect it so no one else e...
- Capture photos of moving objects using your mobile phone.
- Fight virus threats to protect your Smartphone.
- Arrange your photos into animated slideshows.
- Upload pictures on your hard drive automatically to the photo-s...
- Play video poker on your Pocket PC.
- Get a location-aware Twitter client on your BlackBerry device.
- Improve the speed of your Pocket PC Internet connection.
- Turn your Palm OS device into a portable MP3 and video player.
- Modify photos and images with filters and special effects.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great application for families with kids!"
Version: vPost 1.0
Find it great for travelogues, sharing weekend family events with the kids grandparents. It allows them to be with us virtually in real time as we do skating, skiing and hiking.
remind myself to upgrade to a 3G or WiFi Blackberry to speed uploading.
"vPost has re-invented my BlackBerry and email"
Version: vPost 1.0
vPost lets me capture, preview and email all types of media in one place. I can now send geo-tagged voice messages and email messages to any email. It also lets me publish to my blog and facebook using the favourite button for one-click sending.
I can't complain much about this product...it has a 1500kb limit for each vPost and it can only send short video's...there are native email restrictions which do this also
I recommend this product to any BlackBerry user who wants to get more from their device. vPost has greatly increased the frequency by which i use my camera. It has also given me a reason to use my GPS...other than when i'm lost or needing directions. It also has a free trial associated with it for those who want test it out before they purchase.
Here are some of the ways i use vPost:
-sharing food pics & creating instant reviews
-capturing the sights and sounds of nature
-capturing accidents, abnormalities, and other interesting happenings
-posting party pics to facebook (i email a blog called posterous that will automatically publish to twitter and facebook and others)
-Fishing (record picture, location and text and send before the next cast)
-Enterprise related Site-visits (client locations, inspections, asset mapping, expert advice request, etc.)
The possibilities are endless and i hope others get the uses out of it like i do.