miniaim is a tiny AOL Instant Messaging client written in C++ and using The TOC 2.0 protocol. miniaim uses only the Win32 API, which gives it its small size.
miniaim is compressed with the UPX compressor.
I started miniaim in college in order to teach myself the Win32 API, and also to see if I could write an AIM client in <75k. It has been a great learning experience, and I hope that there are a lot of people out there that are enjoying miniaim.
What's new in this version:
- Balloon tips didn't use user's alias (thanks Dimension Error @ AIM)
- Added support for other chat room exchanges (thanks mchasart @ AIM)
- Added support for Permit groups.
- Added limited support for receiving files. Please post your experiences with this feature in the forum. (thanks AzN 12aV312 and Dimension Error @ AIM for helping me test this feature. thanks also to Jonathan Clark for his work in decoding file transfer over AOL proxy)
- When you chang... See all new features »