CNET Editors' review
Freeware iTunes plug-in iTunesControl gives us all a chance to improve iTunes' features by adding long-missing features.
The On-Screen Display pop-up can be customized to an amazing extent. Users can choose to have album art displayed, and can choose precisely which information about the currently playing track gets shown. But you can also choose the screen position, the size of the album art, the background color, the font, the font color, the border thickness and color, and more about the aesthetics of the OSD box. Under the Layout tab, you can cut and paste tags to change the display. Note that opting for the Outline mode will override any background color or border you've previously chosen.
You can set up to 30 different hot keys, from the basics to advanced features like track ratings, repeat mode, hide and show iTunes, and more. Users can also set the title information displayed for iTunes itself and startup and shutdown behavior for iTunes and the plug-in. Two useful options tie the plug-ins behavior to iTunes, so that when you start and close the plug-in, iTunes will also open and shut down.
The program is still in beta, but it's compatible with versions of iTunes as old as 4.6. This is a pretty neat plug-in for those of you who find yourselves addicted to iTunes.
From Carson Morrow:
iTunesControl is a light-weight program designed to add useful features to iTunes. It adds customizable visual feedback, a sleep timer, and over 40 customizable global hot keys. iTunesControl can show many different types of information about the current track, including album, artist, track name, track rating, and bit rate. iTunesControl allows you to tag your music to easily create smart playlists of related music. A Song Search feature allows you to quickly find the music you want.
What's new in this version: Version 0.60 has added option to mirror display on all monitors, only toggle "repeat one" with "Repeat Mode" hotkey, static album art, and fixed iTunes always gets WM_APPCOMMAND messages.
More Products to Consider
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Emulate up to 18 DVD/BD drives.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Edit voice and sound recordings on a Windows PC.
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Convert between WAV and mp3, wma, ogg, and FLAC.
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Record your own voice, music or any other internal & external s...
- Convert audio between formats such as MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, M4A, ...
- All-in-one digital audio application to extract audio from vide...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 18 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content