Your kids have iPod, you have an iPhone, and your husband or wife has one too? You like Jazz and your kids like Rock? You need to manage all these devices and tastes on the only computer of the household? iLibs is a comfortable and safe way to create, manage, and edit several iTunes libraries on a single computer and switch between them without ending up with music you don't want on your iPod or losing precious songs by mistake.
Ever tried to manage several iPods, iPod Touch or iPhone from a unique PC? After a couple of unwanted synchronizations of your iPod songs with the ones from other people's libraries, you probably ended up creating several Windows user accounts to keep your music and the one of your friends or family separated, which is long, complicated, unsafe and inconvenient. With iLibs, you easily create and control more than one iTunes library, while logged in the same Windows account, on the same computer. Create different users and new libraries for each of them, either from scratch or from your existing libraries or the ones of another user.
What's new in this version: Version 2.64 adds iTunes 11 compatibility.
More Products to Consider
- Transfer music, videos from PC to iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Transfer files from iPod, iPhone, and iPad to iTunes and comput...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Install iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad drivers without installing...
- Copy music, videos, photos and more from iPod, iPad, iPhone to ...
- Place connected iOS device into recovery mode with this utility...
- Create multiple AAC files from multiple MP3 files.
- Send audio files to your iTunes library.
- Transfer iPhone song, video, photo, app, PDF, voicemail, and co...
- Transfer music, videos, photos, and other media from your iPod,...
- Do more with iTunes - schedule your music, generate playlists a...
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Transfer your iTunes music between your computers, or from your...
- Back up, recover, and transfer your iTunes library and media fi...
- Create customized playlists in seconds.
- Clean up iTunes library, delete duplicates, missing, and orphan...
- Transfer files between your computer and iPhone, iPod Touch, or...
- Make music on your iPhone, iPod, and iPad sound better than eve...
- Transfer iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch music movies and apps.
- Recover contacts, photos, messages, other data from iPad, iPod ...
- Extract files from any iTunes iOS backup (inc. encrypted) on al...
- Manage songs on your iPod with Winamp.
- A program that allows users to jailbreak their iPod touch, iPho...
- Explore and play your iTunes Music Library.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-6 of 6
"Apple should learn from this!?"
Version: iLibs 2.37
- Easy set up
- Quickly change between several libraries + ipods
- Fixes one of the most annoying itunes' issues.
- Could use a new look
Called Apple to ask how I should set up itunes to sync multiple ipods and they told me this was impossible. The only way would be to have a master playlist per ipod ... which is NOT a solution! I mean, come on, how do you keep a clean library/easily browse your music using huge playlists in ipods???
iLibs did this easily, two clicks and itunes was running on a different library altogether. The music was independent between all the libraries and each of my ipods was linked to the correct library. Now this IS a solution.
"Shouldn?t everything be as simple?"
Version: iLibs 2.25
Quick setup with appropriate warnings and tips
Discreet enough and always there when we need to switch libraries
Uses almost no resources
User guide could be attached to the download package but we found it on their website and it was clear enough for our needs
We have bought a new computer and decided to only use one account for the whole family. Finding iLibs really helped out in our epic battle at whose library would rule them all :-) With iLibs we all have our separate libraries and all is well again!
"Thankfully I found this!"
Version: iLibs 2.12
Very easy to set up
Does exactly as advertised
Not the most "graphically entertaining" application out there but sticking to the basics is never really bad!
I used iLibs to manage my library separately from my wife?s one. We always fight because we create too many playlists and it becomes a mess... We set this up in no time, really it?s so straightforward, and peace has returned to our household!
We also have our iPods sync by themselves again as they are tied to our individual libraries.
What a huge time saver!
"Headache free. Just works"
Version: iLibs 2.05
SImple to use. Wokrs without any initial or on going problems.
The version needs to be updated when there is a new Itunes to release (to ensure both itunes and ilibs remain compatible) but in my experience they updated it within 24 hours of the itunes release. So not really a negative.
Has become a favourite as it just works well. Even with Vista
"iLIbs is everything I could want it to be and more"
Version: iLibs 2.05
Does it exactly what it says it will, and does it well. Great customer support and they are always up-to-date (usually just a day or two behind each major iTunes update).
None that I have encountered in over a year of usage.
I doubt many, if any, other folks use it for the reason that I do, but iLibs has saved me hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. I am a freelance sound designer by trade and have an incredibly large sound effects library (~300,000 files) that I use on a daily basis. There are quite a few commercially available SFX library management software platforms out there, but each are in the $500-$1000 price range, and typically require additional yearly license fees making them somewhat cost prohibitive. I had long considered using iTunes to manage my SFX library since it has such a robust set of search capabilities, and the files can be auditioned, then dragged directly from iTunes into Pro Tools (my multitrack audio editor of choice). However, I did not want to mix my SFX library with my personal music library. Then along came iLibs. Works like a charm and makes switching back and forth between work and play on my machine as easy and reliable as can be.
"answer to my prayers"
Version: iLibs 2.02
Easy interface. Works as advertised .... and as many "off label" uses
the product has no flaws that I discovered yet
I stumbled upon your product by accident and quickly found that it solved a problem that I was having managing iTunes. I recently decided that it was time for me to check out music servers so I purchased the Logitech Squeezebox Duet which works just fne but it only supports one music folder - in my case, my iTunes folder. I wanted to be able to continue to add music to iTunes and exceed the 160 gig limit if my classic iPod.
So my issue wasn't having multiple people with multiple iPods using the
same computer to sync to the same library - what iLibs was designed for.
In may case I am the only one using this laptop but I have a 160 gig
iPod classic, a 2 gig Nano (for audio books) and the Squeezebox Duet -
all accessing the same library. No problem - iLibs works fine for this.
I just set up a Squeezebox library into which I dump all new CDs. I then set up two users using iLibs, one for the main libary that the Squeezebox Duet uses and one for the iPod classic, a smaller, subset of the main, larger library. Switching back and forth with iLibs is a snap.