iKey is an essential utility and incredibly powerful tool for OS X that can eliminate repetitive actions. iKey allows creation of shortcuts that perform an action or sequence of actions each of which can be launched by key combinations or menu or event. This easy to use macro/automation utility can save time, typing and hundreds of clicks everyday. Avoid carpal tunnel, get more accomplished and have fun with iKey. An excellent manual written by Adam Engst is included. iKey lets you create shortcuts which can run an action based on:
- a keyboard equivalent or click from any usb mouse, trackball, gamepad and keyboard (mighty mouse, xkeys, contour mouse, shuttle pro, usb devices from kensington, microsoft, logitech, etc.)
- and/or an item of a menu
- and/or a programmed time/date.
What's new in this version:
- first update in quite a while. It took awhile to find a new programmer.
- buttons are fixed. Were partially obscured in the shortcut dialog. caused by leopard in some way.
- partially implementation of instantaneous registration for new users.
- type text fixed. we think this was actually fixed by a leopard update (but please test).
- other small bug fixes and ui improvements
- getting ready for more improvements.