CNET Editors' review
iFFmpeg is a free, easy-to-use front-end for the powerful--and also free--command line tool FFmpeg, which lets you easily convert media files between different formats. (Note that you must also download an FFmpeg binary to use iFFmpeg, but the developer's Web site has simple, drag-and-drop instructions for doing so.)
The iFFmpeg interface is straightforward enough for even beginners to use, with a sparse menu bar that lets you add a file to convert, or preview, start, or merge files. You can also look at FFmpeg binary information, choose a codec (from an almost overwhelming array, from basics like AVI, MOV, and WMV to device-specific MP4s for everything from AppleTV to Sony PSP), and adjust a huge number of settings, include bit rate, resolution, and aspect ratio, with separate settings for audio and video. iFFmpeg can also handle batch processing and comes with several localizations.
The latest version improves option help tags and iOS device presets, along with several other feature tweaks and fixes.
Add to all this a responsive developer and a happy user community, and iFFmpeg is a must-download for anyone who wants a free, simple media converter.
The free FFmpeg is a command line tool to convert multimedia files between formats. The command line instructions can be very hard to master/understand. iFFmpeg is a front-end that does all the hard work for you. This way you can use FFmpeg without the knowledge of all the commands. PLEASE NOTE : iFFmpeg does NOT include a compiled FFmpeg binary.
What's new in this version: - Added new feature that enables the user to set separate settings for each file in the batch. - Added FFmpeg option 'thread_type'. (only available with the latest FFmpeg binaries) - Added FFmpeg option 'slices". (only available with the latest FFmpeg binaries) - Added AVS codec support (needs libxavs). - Added support for .cavs files. - Rearranged buttons in listbox and added settings icon. - Changed the progress bar. - Improved info tag. - Improved command line creation code for compatibility ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos to different video file formats.
- Capture and record video from your screen.
- Convert AVCHD video files to MP4 format.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Geta a multimedia center with bit perfect audio and lots of too...
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- DVDSmith Movie Backup: Freeware to copy any Movie DVD to your h...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 11 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content