Developed by the company known for Norton, a popular antivirus and security software, iAntivirus for Mac performs well as a basic malware protection program with useful scanning and identification features. While it takes some time to complete the initial scans, the program does examine almost every part of the computer, helping to ensure that problems aren't lurking on your system.
After installing, the program asks the user to complete a full system scan, which takes several minutes to complete. The main window is well designed, with advanced graphics and labels, making it very easy to use. In the upper-right corner, a question mark button gives the user access to a Help menu, which is a good feature for those who do not often use antivirus programs. In addition, with iAntivirus for Mac, users can scan certain designated folders for malware, as well as links on their Facebook wall and any other links in their browser for phishing scams and other online frauds. Moving between menus is easy and everything is well-labeled and easy to follow. This application doesn't offer real-time protection from threats. It just scans the system on-demand, which is exactly what most users need.
While still rare, malicious software made to specifically target OS X does exist. Users looking for protection from such threats will find iAntivirus for Mac a helpful and streamlined option.
iAntivirus by Norton is essential virus protection built exclusively for your Mac. This simple yet powerful on-demand malware and virus scanner helps ensure you are protected from the latest malware threats with one simple download. The free, all-new iAntivirus protects your iPhoto pictures, iTunes music and all of your Apple Stuff you can't live without. iAntivirus also scans your Facebook wall for malicious links to keep you protected from online fraud, like phishing.
Key features of iAntivirus:
- Award-winning technology blocks internet security threats before they damage your Mac, iPhoto pictures, iTunes media and other important Stuff.
- Innovative "carousel" interface lets you use two fingers to swipe between your home folder and full system and other scanning options.
- Lets you quickly and easily scan files by simply dragging and dropping them onto iAntivirus.
- Built for speed from the ground up, so it won't get in the way of your Mac experience.
- Works seamlessly against Windows threats too, to make sure the documents you share are safe for everyone.
- Updates available regularly online through the App Store to help detect the latest breaking security threats.
Online threats targeting Macs are on the rise and iAntivirus is your first line of defense. It delivers essential protection to keep your Mac and your Stuff safe from the latest viruses.